Any speculation on why JP chewed out JR

Beerball

:doh: Sorry in advance if this has been posted before... :doh:

Any speculation on why JP was jawing with Reed after a missed 3rd down pass in the second half?  It looked like a wild throw, but Reed pulled up a good 3 yards in front of the first down marker.  I'm thinking maybe JP was on him for running his route too short?  Anyone?

437897[/snapback]

Doesn't matter about the particulars. You can bet that Josh messed it up regardless. I just hope the coaching staff doesn't coddle him and make further excuses for him. He needs to play like a pro or get cut!

As someone else pointed out, JP was yelling at JR all the way to the sidelines, and then Clements laid into JR.  That proves who was at fault.

438444[/snapback]

Whoever was at fault, I thought JP handled it well and JR didn't. JP didn't wave his arms when he was yelling at JR, but JR gesticulated wildly and drew attention to the spat. It's kind of like how baseball umpires will let you comment on their ball/strike calls, but the minute you add some visual histrionics you're gone. You can't show up a teammate in front of the home fans, especially the quarterback. That may have been why Nate was laying into JR.

I thought i heard/read somewhere that JR turned the wrong way on his hitch pattern, hence the innacurate throw...

437980[/snapback]

That is what it looked like to me. Josh did a square-in and JP threw an out pattern right on his break. They were clearly arguing all the way back to the sideline over which route was supposed to have been run. He was wideopen so if they had been on the right page, it would have been an easy first.