Dorenbos released because of Lindell

so if the new long snapper doesn't work out, are we gonna cut our placeholder next?

435924[/snapback]

Well if he's affecting our kicks, we would have to. I'd cut everyone else on the team before cutting the man actually responsible for kicking the ball.

Rubbish.  Any great kicker can perform with any holder or long snapper.  It's time to stop covering for Dian Rian.

435972[/snapback]

Especially since that was the excuse that Christie was using for his performance when he got the boot (that he had a new snapper and holder...).

Lets see if i have this all straight.They cut drew haddad who caught everything all preseason,but kept josh reed?Then they cut rashard lee and kept an extra receiver like sam aiken?Then lindel misses nearly every kick since hes been here,so lets keep him and release dorenbos?Then both jerman an geisinger looked befuddled in the games..lets keep them and cut ross tucker?Then they cut ritzman who recorded some nice preseason sacks at de,but kept a stiff like rashad baker at db?Im beginning to wonder about this coaching staff too..oh well at least there are smarter than greg williams and his clowns..right?They wont play a confused losman..and never try holcomb once, if the kid struggles..right?

The thing about Lindell, is that his best season, his last in Seattle, was really his only decent season in the leauge. If this is true, about Dorenbos getting cut to help Lindell, I would have to wonder why they let it go on for so long. It seems kind of odd, if Dorenbos is/was truly the problem, they would wait to address it the final week, of the third preseason, that Dorenbos and Lindell were working together.

Honestly, I just think Lindell sucks. I rarely say that about a Bills player, but I think, as they say on the "X-Files", the truth is out there. Lindell is average at best, and maybe even below average...it was one thing for TD & Co. to build a team to try to revive Drew Bledsoe's career (he had some credentials), but why all this trouble, and long leash for Rian Lindell?

The thing about Lindell, is that his best season, his last in Seattle, was really his only decent season in the leauge.  If this is true, about Dorenbos getting cut to help Lindell, I would have to wonder why they let it go on for so long.  It seems kind of odd, if Dorenbos is/was truly the problem, they would wait to address it the final week, of the third preseason, that Dorenbos and Lindell were working together.

Honestly, I just think Lindell sucks.  I rarely say that about a Bills player, but I think, as they say on the "X-Files", the truth is out there. Lindell is average at best, and maybe even below average...it was one thing for TD & Co. to build a team to try to revive Drew Bledsoe's career (he had some credentials), but why all this trouble, and long leash for Rian Lindell?

436207[/snapback]

Wrong, Lindell best year were his first year at Seattle and last year with the bills:

2000 15-17 88.2%

2001 20-32 62.5%

2002 23-29 79.3%

2003 17-24 70.8%

2004 24-28 85.7%

In fact in his first year he was 7-8 from 40-49 yards and 3-3 beyond 50 yards.

As far as mannys contentions, Haddad dropped several passes plus fumbled a punt return that was nullified because of a penalty. Reed basically had 1 drop per game, but he flat out outplayed the rest of the receivers during preseason, and was getting open. Dorenbos has issues not only with the actual snap but the coaches have also said he couldn't block at all, once he snapped the ball leaving the middle open, and forcing some weird kicks to compensate.

Wrong,  Lindell best year were his first year at Seattle and last year with the bills:

2000    15-17  88.2%

2001    20-32  62.5%

2002    23-29  79.3%

2003    17-24  70.8%

2004    24-28  85.7%

As far as mannys contentions, Haddad dropped several passes plus fumbled a punt return that was nullified because of a penalty.  Reed basically had 1 drop per game, but he flat out outplayed the rest of the receivers during preseason, and was getting open.  Dorenbos has issues not only with the actual snap but the coaches have also said he couldn't block at all, once he snapped the ball leaving the middle open, and forcing some weird kicks to compensate.

436218[/snapback]

Well researched and well put. Another blow against the anti-TD conspiracies. I hope that Lindell does not make us all regret it.

Wrong,  Lindell best year were his first year at Seattle and last year with the bills:

2000    15-17  88.2%

2001    20-32  62.5%

2002    23-29  79.3%

2003    17-24  70.8%

2004    24-28  85.7%

As far as mannys contentions, Haddad dropped several passes plus fumbled a punt return that was nullified because of a penalty.  Reed basically had 1 drop per game, but he flat out outplayed the rest of the receivers during preseason, and was getting open.  Dorenbos has issues not only with the actual snap but the coaches have also said he couldn't block at all, once he snapped the ball leaving the middle open, and forcing some weird kicks to compensate.

436218[/snapback]

Okay, I will concede, after today, and eat my serving of humble pie. Lindell was solid today. However, unlike baseball, in football, simple stats don't usually tell the whole story. If last season, with the Bills, ranks as one of Lindells' two best seasons, because he hit a high percentage it is further proof that the guy has been sub-par. Those stats don't take into account the quality of the misses, or the fact that the Bills didn't really use him as an option all of the time, it seems, because of his limitations.

I hope todays' performance is an indication that Lindell has finally turned a corner, but I am not sure yet. He nailed a 45 yarder and a 52 yarder in his first preseason game, and then proceded to miss chip shots in the rest of the preseason. He may turn out to be fine, but I can't think of another kicker in team history, who has been given so many chances to prove himself reliable, with such mediocre results. Good game today though! All drink to Lindell! :angry: