The Pats look beatable this season

1billsfan

i thaught he played very well. always seemd to pickup 6 yards on runs. if anything, C. Dillon looked HORRIBLE. he got 2 TDs so im sure espn will be waiting with knee pads on, but when the game was close, he never got more than ~2 yards on any run.

434635[/snapback]

always seemed to pick up 6 yards a run???? the guy did not even average 4 yards a carry last night. what game did you watch. dillon had a very good second half.the raiders defense was geared to stop the run last night.

and for other posters.... the pats pass defense looked very good last night. they made collins MISS MORE THEN HALF HIS PASSES for cyring out loud. he had 3 td's but the last one was in garbage time after having great field position after a blocked punt.and another to moss after a throw em up pass where moss was covered quite well but made a awesome catch after a tough bobble.the guy is the greatest deep threat wide receiver of all time. i think making a qb miss more then half his passes and holding there best rb to under 4 ypc is quite well especially on week 1. ppl here say what they want to believe instead of talking fact.

With our blitzing D, Brady will really feel the heat ! We can beat the Patsies !

434846[/snapback]

Please. No, the way to beat the Pats is not through the blitz. Jerry Gray has been trying this for some time now, how has it been working out? Brady is tremendous at finding the guy in single coverage left by the blitz, and their O-line always gives him great protection.

To beat the Pats, you have to exploit what weaknesses they do have: Their inside LBs are not that good this year; they can be run on. Teams with good tight-ends will have some success against the Pats.

Defensively, you have to cover their TE's like glue and try to flush Brady out of the pocket. He is very difficult to sack so you have go for a lot of "coverage sacks". If you let Dillon get going, they'll kill you with play-action.

Most importantly, you have to play a mistake free game, because they certainly will.

Did it ever occur to you that it appeared that Jordan ran well because the Patriots were more focused on not letting the Collins to Moss/Porter combo beating them much like the way Edgerrin James ran on them in last year's opener.

Each year we "look beatable" until after we beat you and then your team is left wondering how you lost.

Brady always folds under pressure. That's why I was amazed that they let Andruzzi walk. Let's find a defense that isn't relying on Warren Sapp for their Sacks and watch how Brady goes for 150 yds, 1 TD and 2 INTs.

434709[/snapback]

Huh? Brady always folds under pressure? WTF game are you not wathcing?

:lol:

What makes the Patriots pretty tough to beat, is Brady, and their defensive line. I don't think it is any cooincidence that the Pats went against their normal policy, and renegotiated Seymours' contract. They are beatable (all teams are) but it won't be easy.....

OK yes they look beatable I am sick saying it but someone has said it here already they always look that way but they do the small things and manage to pull most of thier games out. I think thats what makes them great they dont get down on themselves if they are behind they dont lose thier composer they just go out and do the job. The commentators on ESPN have to be some of the biggest band waggon drivers on the planet it's funny to watch.

Or Norv Turner ate something given by Gilbride.....The guy has a RB who

was slicing through the NE defense like swiss cheese in the 1st quarter and

then suddenly he forgets completely about him for the rest of the game.

434815[/snapback]

Your right. The Raiders really need to come up with a better offensive game plan. With all the double coverage of Moss there is so much they could do with their running game or other receivers. They blew it last night. Plus their D was shutting down Dillon the whole game and he was geting frustrated. Problem is their secondary looked like they were in slow motion.

I truly believe we will shut down Dillon just like the Raiders did but Brady will have a little tougher time standing in the pocket and picking apart our secondary.