LAMP: Was I just fired?

mcjeff215

Well, my situation keeps getting more and more intense.

The company I left four months ago sold off a lot of it's properties last week.  They called me out of the blue today - four months later - because one of their storage systems went down and they have no one on staff that can fix it. 

Long story short, I end up going down there on an hourly rate to fix everything for them. I do.

On the way out, a director at the NEW company hits me up with.... "So when do you want to come back?"  He mentioned that the VP made it a point to tell him to try and get me back. I'm the only one that knows these systems. I'm the only one... I'm the only one... blah blah blah.  You know these systems, you built these systems, you understand these systems. You get the point. They want me. Bad. I'd love go go into it like that. Feels right.

But.

There's always a but.

They want me to come back as an "old company" employee, and they'll give me an offer to the NEW company within the next 90 days.  The SEC filing states that those that do not get offers in the 90 days post sale get severance.  I told them if they could swing a "new company" offer, I'll do it tomorrow. 

Realistically, this is probably more stable, higher paying, and more secure than the place I'm at now.

Holy crap my life has gotten interesting. At least football is back in two days.

-A very very confused, Jeff.

435505[/snapback]

so now you want to go back to work for the same guys you couldn't wait to get away from because you hated your job.......great plan, superb thinking there.......some people never learn........the word "interesting" doesn't come to mind when describing your life.......

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so now you want to go back to work for the same guys you couldn't wait to get away from because you hated your job.......great plan, superb thinking there.......some people never learn........the word "interesting" doesn't come to mind when describing your life.......

435731[/snapback]

You always think the grass is greener on the other side. So what if he realizes that he was wrong and decides to go back? They may have realized that they shouldn't have let him go either. At my current company, there's a lot of people who left and have come back.

Besides, it sounds like it might be more stable to get that job while still looking for another job.

CW

435731[/snapback]

The place I left four months ago sold off most of it's technical assets (minus the employees) about a week ago. The buyer of those assets wants me to go work for them and start building up their infrastructure and put together an engineering team. I built most of that stuff originally. The downside, though, is that they want me to start as an employee of the original place - pending an offer to transfer to the purchaser. I guess it's easier from an HR perspective.

I really like the idea of owning those systems under different management. All of the knowledge and experience, minus the problems that started everything.

I want nothing to do with the original place; I thought I expressed that hesitation in my previous post. If it came down to employment versus food-stamps, I'd do it, though.

-Jeff