Be selective about where you pass out

stuckincincy

Thursday, September 8, 2005

Man's legs broken in garbage truck

By William A. Weathers

Cincinnati Enquirer staff writer

OVER-THE-RHINE – A 47-year-old West End man had his legs broken early this morning when he was crushed with trash inside a garbage truck.

Darryl Bennett, of the 900 block of West Ninth Street, had apparently been inside a large trash container when it was emptied into the garbage truck.

The incident occurred about 1:50 a.m. in the rear parking lot of the Bracken Village apartments in the 1300 block of Walnut Street, police said.

“I was watching TV. I heard someone hollering,” said Janice White, who lives nearby. “I heard a man my hollering, ‘My leg is broke.’’’

When White looked outside her window, she saw a man crawling up through the trash in the back of the garbage truck.

“He (the truck driver) was getting ready to dump another load,” White said.

Police said the driver for CSI Waste Services of Greater Cincinnati had arrived to empty trash containers at the apartment parking lot. The driver had emptied the first one in the rear of the truck and the trash had been automatically compacted.

As the driver was preparing to empty a second container, police said, he heard someone yelling “Turn it off.” The driver got out of the truck and found a man crawling on top of the truck, and called 911.

When officers arrived they found Bennett, who was apparently intoxicated, suffering from leg injuries. He was taken to University Hospital, where he was in fair condition this morning.

Thursday, September 8, 2005

Man's legs broken in garbage truck

By William A. Weathers

Cincinnati Enquirer staff writer

OVER-THE-RHINE – A 47-year-old West End man had his legs broken early this morning when he was crushed with trash inside a garbage truck.

Darryl Bennett, of the 900 block of West Ninth Street, had apparently been inside a large trash container when it was emptied into the garbage truck.

The incident occurred about 1:50 a.m. in the rear parking lot of the Bracken Village apartments in the 1300 block of Walnut Street, police said.

“I was watching TV. I heard someone hollering,” said Janice White, who lives nearby. “I heard a man my hollering, ‘My leg is broke.’’’

When White looked outside her window, she saw a man crawling up through the trash in the back of the garbage truck.

“He (the truck driver) was getting ready to dump another load,” White said.

Police said the driver for CSI Waste Services of Greater Cincinnati had arrived to empty trash containers at the apartment parking lot. The driver had emptied the first one in the rear of the truck and the trash had been automatically compacted.

As the driver was preparing to empty a second container, police said, he heard someone yelling “Turn it off.” The driver got out of the truck and found a man crawling on top of the truck, and called 911.

When officers arrived they found Bennett, who was apparently intoxicated, suffering from leg injuries. He was taken to University Hospital, where he was in fair condition this morning.

433334[/snapback]

If I had to chose between passing out in Ohio and a garbage container, it'd be a toss up. That being said, passing out in a garbage container IN ohio, i'd just kill myself. Unless of course, the borders to Ohio were closed and they only thing they were letting out were garbage containers....then i'd be oscar the grouch and live in the damn thing.

If I had to chose between passing out in Ohio and a garbage container, it'd be a toss up.  That being said, passing out in a garbage container IN ohio, i'd just kill myself.  Unless of course, the borders to Ohio were closed and they only thing they were letting out were garbage containers....then i'd be oscar the grouch and live in the damn thing.

433338[/snapback]

Well, seeing as your sig line states that your are "the completely unbiased mtdoak", I guess that's that... :blink: