no Drew H.

It's one thing to catch a ball, it's another to actually get open against 1st stringers, catch the ball, block on running plays, etc.... While Drew did a good job against 3rd stringers, Reed really only dropped one pass thrown behind him on a crossing pattern that hit him in the back shoulder. Yeah he probably should have caught it, but that's why he is the #3 / #4 guy not a starter.

Haddad fumbled a punt, and was lucky there was a penalty, and he just never had the opportunity to show against 1st stringers or if he did, he was unable to get open.

Proof positive that TD keeps his draft picks over players who might be better.

430543[/snapback]

Paul Hamilton this morning on WGR hinted that Mularkey really wants WR's that can block. I'm not making an opinion, just telling you what I heard. That may be a reason.

430543[/snapback]

No shocker there, who was that crap o-lineman he drafted in the 1st round in Pittsburgh that he brought to Buffalo to try and prove everyone he made the right choice. That dude didn't even make the team. He has a history of not admitting to making mistakes. That's why he's the Son of Satan!

Bad draftees happen, you can't expect to always be right. I feel bad for Josh Reed because he has the tools, the guy caught every ball thrown to him in his first season but I think he needs a change of scenery. We Bills fans are too brutal. He's our B word boy and will be.

As for Coy, he's playing the wrong position. He should be a backup linebacker, which is what he played his whole life.

It's great he went to UB, and Reed does in fact suck, but it doesn't change the fact that Drew Haddad isn't an NFL player. He has two games in his career. TWO. And one catch to show for it, and a couple of kick returns that average 9.5 yards. That's not punts, and that's terrible. He's also 27 years old, and was drafted in 2000. I'm sorry, but if you catch one ball in your first five seasons, it's time to take a peek up in Canada.

Drew Haddad is a training camp hero who played pretty well against a bunch of other guys who got cut by their teams. It was a local boy feel-good story that the media kept pumping at us.

I think Josh Reed will be very adequate in Weeks 1 & 2, and then Roscoe takes over.

It's one thing to catch a ball, it's another to actually get open against 1st stringers, catch the ball, block on running plays, etc....  While Drew did a good job against 3rd stringers, Reed really only dropped one pass thrown behind him on a crossing pattern that hit him in the back shoulder.  Yeah he probably should have caught it, but that's why he is the #3 / #4 guy not a starter. 

Haddad fumbled a punt, and was lucky there was a penalty, and he just never had the opportunity to show against 1st stringers or if he did, he was unable to get open.

430547[/snapback]

:D:doh::lol::D;)

Name another pass that he dropped Friday night?  :D

430664[/snapback]

Oh, Friday night? Only one dropped, then OK.

Thought you were referring to the whole preseason.

That makes at least one drop every game, and being hit by a pass

should also count as a drop.

Oh, Friday night?  Only one dropped, then OK.

Thought you were referring to the whole preseason.

That makes at least one drop every game, and being hit by a pass

should also count as a drop.

430671[/snapback]

And if he drops one out of seven thrown his way, he is doing damn good. I bet Evans and Moulds drop a higher percentage then that.

And if he drops one out of seven thrown his way, he is doing damn good.  I bet Evans and Moulds drop a higher percentage then that.

430679[/snapback]

Oh man, you are so ON!

Why don't you save this thread, I don't know how, and we can

keep track.

430543[/snapback]

OK, but Haddad couldn't even beat out George Wilson (an undrafted free agent) for a roster spot.

So even if your theory is 100% correct about TD favoring his draft picks (though I thought the coaches were the ones who make the cut decisions), we at least know that Haddad wasn't THAT big of a loss if he couldn't even beat out Wilson.

And especially if - as of today - not 1 of the other 31 NFL teams have decided to take a chance on the "can't miss" WR prospect that is Drew Haddad.

We are not seeing everything that these guys do. Blocking, leadership, personality, etc. Also, alot of people are talking about Gause getting cut. The guy wasn't drafted for a reason. Also, how many training camps has Haddad been in? He keeps getting cut for some reason. I too, thought he looked good, but he also dropped a key pass the other night. And on a running team, like the Bills (and Steelers), you'll see blocking WRs make it over guys like Haddad.

Also, wasn't Haddad a Buffalo Bills draft pick? Maybe by Butler, though.

We are not seeing everything that these guys do.  Blocking, leadership, personality, etc.  Also, alot of people are talking about Gause getting cut.  The guy wasn't drafted for a reason.  Also, how many training camps has Haddad been in?  He keeps getting cut for some reason.  I too, thought he looked good, but he also dropped a key pass the other night.  And on a running team, like the Bills (and Steelers), you'll see blocking WRs make it over guys like Haddad.

Also, wasn't Haddad a Buffalo Bills draft pick?  Maybe by Butler, though.

430955[/snapback]

He was 2000's 233rd pick. Other than Patrick Pass, I don't know who became a "name" after Haddad.

233 Buffalo Drew Haddad WR Buffalo, N.Y.

234 Tampa Bay Joe Hamilton QB Georgia Tech

235 Indianapolis Rob Renes DT Michigan

236 Jacksonville Erik Olson FS Colorado State

237 Tennessee Wes Shivers G Mississippi State

238 Indianapolis Rodregis Brooks CB Ala.-Birmingham

239 New England Patrick Pass FB Georgia

240 Minnesota Mike Malano C San Diego State

241 Jacksonville Rob Meier DE Washington State

242 Green Bay Charles Lee WR Central Florida

243 Jacksonville Shyrone Stith RB Virginia Tech

244 Minnesota Giles Cole TE Texas A&M-Kingsville

245 Jacksonville Danny Clark ILB Illinois

246 Denver Leroy Fields WR Jackson State

247 Jacksonville Mark Baniewicz T Syracuse

248 Minnesota Lewis Kelly G South Carolina State

249 Green Bay Eugene McCaslin LB Florida

250 Washington Ethan Howell WR Oklahoma State

251 Buffalo Dashon Polk MLB Arizona

252 Green Bay Rondell Mealey RB Louisiana State

253 Detroit Alfonso Boone NT Mt. San Antonio JC

254 Chicago Mike Green SS Northwestern State, La.