Another rag on Clements

eSJayDee

Just finished watching the 1st half on tape.

On one particular play, I think Denney hits Leftwich in the face (we're lucky it wasn't a penalty), which results in an errant somewhat wounded duck.

Clements was in zone w/ no one really to cover & is just basically jogging. The ball falls harmlessly about 10 foot from him. Could he have picked it? Who knows 'cuz he didn't even try! I would have liked to see at least a bit of an effort trying to get to the ball.

(IIRC, it was 2nd down, BTW.)

Just finished watching the 1st half on tape.

On one particular play, I think Denney hits Leftwich in the face (we're lucky it wasn't a penalty), which results in an errant somewhat wounded duck.

Clements was in zone w/ no one really to cover & is just basically jogging.  The ball falls harmlessly about 10 foot from him.  Could he have picked it?  Who knows 'cuz he didn't even try!  I would have liked to see at least a bit of an effort trying to get to the ball.

(IIRC, it was 2nd down, BTW.)

30024[/snapback]

I saw the exact same thing, but realized there was no way in hell he could have gotten there. The little momentum he had going was taking slightly away from where the ball ended up and he didn't have the time to adjust, IMO.