Roberts for Chief Justice?

blzrul

So a guy has two years on the bench and isn't even confirmed for the Supreme Court yet, but he's qualified to be Chief Justice?

I suppose that anyone who questions this will be called a sympathizer of hurricanes...we must all pull together at this time of trial...

Give me a fewking break.

Oh well, I suppose Roberts is just as qualified as the rest of the inept morons in the current administration.

And most importantly, it seems, he has GREAT hair.

What a stupid country this is.  I would almost believe that Katrina WAS sent by God to smite us, except the people who got smitten are the ones who least deserve it.

429647[/snapback]

This is really nothing new. The ony reason you need a new CJ is because the old one died or retired so the question of promoting from within or giving it to the new judge who will have to be found anyway always comes up. More often than not, in the modern era of the court, the job has gone to the new recruit. Bush is not out of line on this one. Of course, whether he should be confirmed or not is another question entirely, that is what hearings are for.

Do you have anything (a link would be great) that explains this?

Not that I don't believe you.  I do, and I've been trying to convince a few people of this all day.  A source to quote would help, but I don't think citing "slothrop on the internet" is going to help my case.   :D

430244[/snapback]

Off the top of my head the process of chosing a new Chief Justice is explained well in Woodward's book "The Brethren." It is an inside look into the Burger Court.

The Burger Court? :o

I knew he was a peeping tom, danced with Hootie, and even intercepted Bledsoe.  But I didn't know the Burger King was a Supreme Court Justice!

431100[/snapback]

I actually saw the King intercept Bledsoe and dance in the endzone comercial yesterday for the first time. :doh:;)