Rice makes roster but may retire anyway

millbank

It seems that Denver have told Jerry Rice he will be their 4th receiver. Rice has stated he must be their 3rd , his agent saying "this is a must for him". Apparently he is goiing to decide if he will retire on Monday.

Got to be tough for the guy who got cut, that Rice could not have made this decision a great deal sooner.

Jerry Rice

You mean he wasn't cut?!  :huh:

429375[/snapback]

The best WR ever and in the debate for best player ever. Now is a shell of himself. He should be a man and take the 4th receiver spot. You wanted to play, and now you're a 4th receiver. Deal with it or hang 'em up. Just by working hard every day he can set an example for young players as to how a pro is supposed to act. Don't cry about not being handed a job you didn't earn.

The best WR ever and in the debate for best player ever.

429380[/snapback]

Let me preface my post by saying that I agree with the overall gist of your post. And I'll agree that Rice is (perhaps) the best WR to have ever played, but saying he's in the debate for best player ever? :huh:

It seems that Denver have told Jerry Rice he will be their 4th receiver.  Rice has stated he must be their 3rd , his agent saying "this is a must for him". Apparently he is goiing to decide if he will retire on Monday.

Got to be tough for the guy who got cut, that Rice could not have made this decision a great deal sooner.

Jerry Rice

429119[/snapback]

I agree. Greatest receiver ever or not, stop being a punk.

Who's being a punk?  :huh:

429555[/snapback]

Rice. I find it hard to believe he didn't know he was going to be the 4th receiver on the team. No that he is, he's not happy and considering retirement. I don't think his selfishness is fair to the other players who were fighting for a roster spot

Rice.  I find it hard to believe he didn't know he was going to be the 4th receiver on the team.  No that he is, he's not happy and considering retirement.  I don't think his selfishness is fair to the other players who were fighting for a roster spot

429562[/snapback]

OK. Gottcha. I agree. :huh:

Maybe him and Bruce Smith can open a place together. They could call it "Remember When". Flutie can be the doorman.

429573[/snapback]

Doorman or the person who tells kids they have to be a certain height before they can get on the rides...