VA: Northern Buffalo Bills Backers

Appearances by former Buffalo Bills Scott Norwood, Steve Christie, Thomas Smith and Phil Bryant!

Book Signing by Jeffrey Miller, author of 100 Things Bills Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die.

Raffles & Prizes to benefit the U.B. Alumni Scholarship Fund and The New World Celts Braveheart Kilt Run & Scholarship Program!

• 9 months later...

Annual Tailgate will be on September 30th, Buffalo Bills at Packers.

Scott Norwood, Ron McDole and Butch Rolle have been confirmed.

I assume everyone knows who Scott Norwood is.  He lives in Virginia and is a regular at tailgates.

Ron McDole was a DE for Buffalo.  He played at left defensive end for the Buffalo Bills of the American Football League from 1963 to 1970.  In AFL Championship he played hybrid role dropping into coverage. Coach Chuck Knox brought him to Buffalo after two years where he was signed by other teams and did not play. He was traded from Bills to Washington and played there from 1971-1978.

Two-time Pro Bowl selection (1965, 1967), First-team All-Pro (1966), Second-team All-Time All-AFL, Member of Bills' 25th Anniversary Team, Member of AFL Hall of Fame

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/5/11/1466953/top-50-all-time-bills-no-29-de-ron

https://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-fan-forum/2008/jun/25/whatever-happened-to-ron-mcdole/?page=all

http://untoldvalor.blogspot.com/2007/09/early-hero-who-lived-up-to-name-ron.html

mcdole+signing+two.jpg

Butch Rolle was TE for Buffalo Bills from 1986-1991 and Cardinals for 1992 and 1993 seasons.

ourpresident.jpeg

He is heavily involved with his foundation, Butch Rolle "Caring for Kids" Foundation.

He is still in shape.

Edited by Limeaid

Last year was.  Andre Reed came and brought a bunch of people including players who played for Bills.  I enjoyed talking with Thomas Smith and when I mentioned that I yelled "Ball in the Air" in game he played in (I would do it every time the QB threw the ball) he said "I heard you! So you were the one in stands."

I hear Redskins Hall of Fame player Charlie Taylor who is a regular at our tailgates is not doing well.   I got a customized autograph for a coworker's wife and he got major bonus points from his wife for this.

On 7/17/2018 at 10:48 PM, Limeaid said:

We will be attending Bills @ Ravens game.

bills-ravens-september-2018_orig.jpg

OK, not sure how I stumbled on this, but it reminded me of something hysterical (Now). My wife’s bank took a bunch of prospects and referral sources to a behind the scenes tour of Raymond James in Tampa. Nice buses with food and giant coolers full of beer. Everyone was excited to go into the locker rooms and the press box, walk on the field (like a green at Augusta!), tour the pirate ship, etc. Started out as a great time, with people pounding beers. It wasn’t until about half way there, after the near fatal accident when a truck changed lanes, that people noticed the was NO BATHROOM on the bus! Grown men in serious agony. It’s funny.....now. 

• 2 years later...

Jimmy's will be open this year.

Assuming weather is okay I will be there at opener.  I'll bring my tailgate chair and sit outside.

I am a bit vulnerable to COVID-19 virus so it will be better for me.

For those who have not been there recently Jimmy bought the repair shop next door and architect Uncle Dave designed expansion for Jimmy's called the Buffalo Wing and Beer Garden; Beer Garden is outdoors with a fireplace.  Unfortunately Uncle Dave, who also decorated the bar, died last year from brain cancer.

https://www.jottnew.com/uploads/4/9/1/4/49145785/editor/connection-article.jpg

Jimmy's will be doing 1st come 1st serve as always. (No bar seating)

We will be asking people when they arrive if they are comfortable sitting with others at the same table and vice versa. 

If people are not comfortable with other fans joining them, we will respect their wish. 

We also will have a portion of the alley set up every Sunday with large screens, you could always bring your own beach/lawn chair and set by yourself out there!

6-23reopening-02_1.png

More news on annual tailgate and menu updates will be posted after I have a chance to go there.