Geraldo

The reporter who popped off to Hannity was Shep Smith, usually a real putz but that was a good segment he had.

Why are people who are trying to evacuate New Orleans being turned away on the bridge to Jefferson Parrish? That makes no sense to me...

The reporter who popped off to Hannity was Shep Smith, usually a real putz but that was a good segment he had.

Why are people who are trying to evacuate New Orleans being turned away on the bridge to Jefferson Parrish?  That makes no sense to me...

427851[/snapback]

Jefferson Parrish is closed, I think. (One of the parrishes that's letting people back in Monday to pick up essentials...then kicking them out for a couple of months so they can put it back together.) At any rate, Jefferson's in pretty bad shape as well, and it doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense to take in refugees when you can't do anything for them.

Doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense to turn them away, either...but either way, the end result's the same: keep walking, eventually you'll get somewhere where people can help. The only difference is direction of travel.

Jefferson Parrish is closed, I think.  (One of the parrishes that's letting people back in Monday to pick up essentials...then kicking them out for a couple of months so they can put it back together.)  At any rate, Jefferson's in pretty bad shape as well, and it doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense to take in refugees when you can't do anything for them. 

Doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense to turn them away, either...but either way, the end result's the same: keep walking, eventually you'll get somewhere where people can help.  The only difference is direction of travel.

427859[/snapback]

Per Shep Smith, Jefferson has electricity and potable water. If that's the case, something just ain't right.

I knew NO is 60% black, but I just learned that Jefferson is 68% white. I won't say it but it sure has crossed my mind.

Per Shep Smith, Jefferson has electricity and potable water.  If that's the case, something just ain't right.

I knew NO is 60% black, but I just learned that Jefferson is 68% white.  I won't say it but it sure has crossed my mind.

427872[/snapback]

From Jefferson Parish's web site:

"Jefferson Parish citizens may not be allowed to return home on Monday. Hotel reservations should not be canceled. Citizens should plan to remain where they are until it has been determined when they will be allowed back in the parish."

Apparently, it's closed and being evacuated. Also apparently (and I'm supposing - I could be wrong), they're trying to keep refugees from a given parish IN that parish to keep track of who's evac'd where. But at any rate, it's closed and they're not letting people in. And Shep's apparently as much of a fool as being named "Shep" would imply...

...because Geraldo is the first one you turn to for hope...

"I've just lost everything...but I'm not that bad off.  I'm not Geraldo."  :rolleyes:

427807[/snapback]

You'll like this. Geraldo must be as big a jerk in private life as on the tube.

I saw Kurt Vonnegut at a lecture up at UB many years ago. Someone asked him a question and Vonnegut's reply was something to the effect:

"You think you got it bad, how would you like it if your daughter was married to Geraldo Rivera?"

His daughter was.

I never thought I would say this but Bill O'Reilly was being very calm and rational last night against a sea of sensationalism. He talked to both Geraldo and Shep who both seemed a little out of control. He toned down their hysterics to the essential facts of where help was needed and put out the word to the officials listening as to where help was urgently needed. It sure was much better than listening to those 2 media whores trying to one up each other with sensationalist fervor.

I also loved Geraldo stating that here were no police inside but he could enter because he was not a government official and would be safe entering the chaos. Would have loved to see him get a beatdown in there. :rolleyes:

And the criticism of me is of my memory or whether I thought the guy was compelling? What a frivolous complaint.

Do I remember the guys name? no. But if you saw the telecast you know who I am talking about. Your BS is just diverting from the substance. Is that you Mr. Hannity?  :rolleyes:

427789[/snapback]

No criticism. Here I'll use whatshisnames coment on you then ""I am not trying to blame anyone here, I am just giving you the facts." Fact is you forgot his name. I'm not blaming you for not having any recall, its just the facts. Just like whathisnamesays.

That better Mr. Sensitive. 0:)