What would you do?

Ron Mexico

Carpe Diem

Some things in life you don't get a second chance on.

You'll both regret it if you miss this chance.

427007[/snapback]

She put herself on the available list, we are awaiting the call. She is a little nervous, but ready to go.

When and if the call comes, she is ready, already telling the kids that she is more needed there than here.

She put herself on the available list, we are awaiting the call. She is a little nervous, but ready to go.

When and if the call comes, she is ready, already telling the kids that she is more needed there than here.

427782[/snapback]

That's a brave lady you have there Ron Mexico. You must be awfully proud of her.

My wife is a Nurse Practitioner, Emergency room in a level 1 trama center in NYC. They are asking for some of ER personnel to go to NO. Must be able to commit for 1-2 weeks. I don't have all the details (rooming, etc.) but her hospital will fly them down where they can assist in the treatment of the patients that are being found. They are planning on leaving Tuesday

I am all for helping out, my only concern is for her safety, the diseases don't bother me as much as the lawlessness (gunfire in the streets) bothers me. The more I ponder this, I can only hope that if she goes, they would put them in a location that provides them with some sort of safety net, and be relatively well stocked with medical supplies, but if its a military operation that may be too much to ask.

We have 3 kids, 2 at home, ages 16 and 10.

She is asking my opinion, I just wanted to see what you folks think, would you encourage her participation, or ask her to stay here until things settle down a little?

426282[/snapback]

God bless her! She has a compassionate heart.

Let me ask you this: if it were your kids in need, would you want somebody else to make a sacrifice to help them out?

Prayers for you and your family.

If she chooses to go, she will set a wonderful example for her children that will eventually return to her a hundred fold. Please show your support by assuring her that you and the kids will be fine and that she should go.

I'm a Red Cross volunteer locally. And things are improving by the hour down there now for incoming volunteers. Conditions aren't the most comfortable - but they'll be secure and safe.

She won't regret that she answered the call.