Great Moments in TV News

CNN and FOX prove how great they are.

I prefer the CNN one, only because it better illustrates how incompetent the newscasters are.

424166[/snapback]

On one station yesterday, the anchor was remote-interviewing someone in NO and asking questions like "Why didn't you evacuate? Do you think that was a wise idea?" She finished off the interview with "Well, I guess you learned a valuable lesson, and next time you'll evacuate, won't you?" There was a very long silence...then the gentleman simply said "Thank you". I admired his restraint...I wouldn't have hesitated to tell her to take her holier-than-thou patronizing attitude and shove it up her ass.

On one station yesterday, the anchor was remote-interviewing someone in NO and asking questions like "Why didn't you evacuate?  Do you think that was a wise idea?"  She finished off the interview with "Well, I guess you learned a valuable lesson, and next time you'll evacuate, won't you?"  There was a very long silence...then the gentleman simply said "Thank you".  I admired his restraint...I wouldn't have hesitated to tell her to take her holier-than-thou patronizing attitude and shove it up her ass.

424176[/snapback]

I saw that too. I think it was MSNBC. What a crotch.

Ouch.

You've got hundreds of thousands of people who have literally lost EVERYTHING. And there are those who are patronizing.

I hope we come together as a result of this catastrophe...and treat our fellow human beings a bit better as well. For a while, we did that after 9/11, but we became callous and self-centered again.

Mike

I got slight chuckle out of all the morning women newscasters this morning contorting their faces as not to smile. The smile thing is just reflex, they look awful trying to put on serious faces.

424202[/snapback]

I noticed that as well. Some of these girls on MSNBC are simply too good looking. I have a hard time taking them seriously.

Ouch.

You've got hundreds of thousands of people who have literally lost EVERYTHING.  And there are those who are patronizing.

I hope we come together as a result of this catastrophe...and treat our fellow human beings a bit better as well.  For a while, we did that after 9/11, but we became callous and self-centered again.

Mike

424187[/snapback]

!@#$ off, mike. ya prick.

:lol::P

For a while, we did that after 9/11, but we became callous and self-centered again.

424187[/snapback]

Maybe even more callous and self-centered now than before 9/11.

Person 1: This hurricane means that I'm paying more at the pump!

Person 2: I just floated my spouse's body down the street on a makeshift wooden raft and paid a guy $20 to drive him to the morgue on the back of his truck.

Person 1: Well...um. I'm paying more at the pump!

Perspective.