NFL Sunday Ticket question: Important

PIZ

So, I'm flicking throught my Sunday ticket games and I come across 2 games that say "this game is not available in your area, please see program guide for alternate channels" or something like that. I live in PA and the games were Oakland at Pittsburgh and Bucs at Washington. What the heck is that? So, I turn off the dish and go to my cable. Low and behold, on Fox is the skins game and on CBS is the Steeler game. Aren't I supposed to get all the games on NFL Sunday Ticket except for Monday night and Sunday night games? I've had the Ticket for 4 years and have never seen this message.

Yep, I noticed this yesterday. I live in LA so I was surprised to see games blacked out....

I guess the networks must've pressured the networks to black out the Sunday Ticket showing of the games.

Yep, I noticed this yesterday.  I live in LA so I was surprised to see games blacked out....

I guess the networks must've pressured the networks to black out the Sunday Ticket showing of the games.

29511[/snapback]

It has been that way here in the DC area for a long time.

So, I'm flicking throught my Sunday ticket games and I come across 2 games that say "this game is not available in your area, please see program guide for alternate channels" or something like that.  I live in PA and the games were Oakland at Pittsburgh and Bucs at Washington.  What the heck is that?  So, I turn off the dish and go to my cable.  Low and behold, on Fox is the skins game and on CBS is the Steeler game.  Aren't I supposed to get all the games on NFL Sunday Ticket except for Monday night and Sunday night games?  I've had the Ticket for 4 years and have never seen this message.

29505[/snapback]

You want to hear something weird? That's the way it was for me last year...but NOT this year...the Giants/Eagles game was on cable AND the Sunday Ticket! :doh:

So, I'm flicking throught my Sunday ticket games and I come across 2 games that say "this game is not available in your area, please see program guide for alternate channels" or something like that.  I live in PA and the games were Oakland at Pittsburgh and Bucs at Washington.  What the heck is that?  So, I turn off the dish and go to my cable.  Low and behold, on Fox is the skins game and on CBS is the Steeler game.  Aren't I supposed to get all the games on NFL Sunday Ticket except for Monday night and Sunday night games?  I've had the Ticket for 4 years and have never seen this message.

29505[/snapback]

They're forcing you to watch the local broadcast. It helps them get the advertising dollar. It sucks, but that's the way it is. Pay attention to your local broadcast schedule, and if the game you want to watch is on a local channel, that's where it will be.

that is how it was last year. what's the big deal?

29545[/snapback]

It wasn't that way for me last year. I got every game on my Directv, except for Sunday and Monday nights. The problem is, and I hate to admit this on this board, but sometimes, I have to set up my vcr and time it to record the Bills game and watch it later. So, if it's on a local channel, and I don't know it's going to be on locally, I could record 3 hours of blank screen. I guess I'm just mad because when I signed up for this I was told by the guy that I would get every game except Nationally televised games.

It wasn't that way for me last year.  I got every game on my Directv, except for Sunday and Monday nights.  The problem is, and I hate to admit this on this board, but sometimes, I have to set up my vcr and time it to record the Bills game and watch it later.  So, if it's on a local channel, and I don't know it's going to be on locally, I could record 3 hours of blank screen.

29554[/snapback]

Same thing can happen on a Tivo. You just have to go with the local channel if it's on local.

Where do you live?

That's how it was. Last year I missed TIVOing the final minutes of several games as if DTV switched your locals over to a game, DTV had to cut it off from the Sunday Ticket. It usually took 5 minutes or so, but if a game went over long, they would cut the signal in the 700 channel range

It wasn't that way for me last year.  I got every game on my Directv, except for Sunday and Monday nights.  The problem is, and I hate to admit this on this board, but sometimes, I have to set up my vcr and time it to record the Bills game and watch it later.  So, if it's on a local channel, and I don't know it's going to be on locally, I could record 3 hours of blank screen.  I guess I'm just mad because when I signed up for this I was told by the guy that I would get every game except Nationally televised games.

29554[/snapback]

then you need to get TIVO and season pass the bills.

I ran into this problem for the first time yeaterday. I live in a small town in Montana (Reed Point) and while I'm in the Billings TV area, I don't recieve the Billings over air TV signal. I get my network signals from N.Y. and Calif via directv. I wonder if Directv will exempt me from the blackouts. The reason for Sunday Ticket was to get the Bills and all the other games. Anyone know if Directv would exempt me?

piz, in short, the game that's being broadcast on your local fox or cbs affiliate will be blacked out on the sunday ticket side. It was like this last year for a bills game, which i can't remember at the moment. I almost had a heart attack when it said blacked out on the 7xx channel. Then i quickly went to the affiliate and the game was there. You'll see every regional game if you have sunday ticket. The game might not be on ST though, it will be on the local channel.

It happened to me for the first time in 4 years yesterday. I live in Charleston, Sc with no "local team". I also live in area that Directv does NOT provide local channels for. So...... basically my reward for being a loyal customer for 4 years is to not get some games. If it happens to be a Buffalo game, somebody at dtv will be getting an earful from me. Sure, my antenna will pick up cbs and fox but the quality is terrible. I paid for all this so i would get a good, clear feed, not so i would have to go back to the dark ages to watch football....... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: to the new "rules" at Dtv.... Go Bills!!!