Are we in a pinch at TE?

It was interesting to me that the Buff News said last week that we could go wuth Peters at TE in a pinch. It has just been announced that Euhus will again miss a game this Friday because of a shoulder problem (one more injury which causes him to miss game time to a different part of his body than the ACL tear which cost him PT last year and I think he can be officially designated as injury prone).

When one adds this to TE draftee Everett being out with an injury and also Campbell recovering quicker than expected but a bit too quickly to depend on I think we can pretty much say we are in a pinch at TE.

This strikes me as a big problem for the Bills as we are now down to the fallback of having Neufeld (a better H-back and ST guy than TE) as a depended upon player in 2 TE sets and probably having to keep Trafford around just in case.

It would be dumb to look at this situation as an I-told-you-so from my standpoimt because merely preparing for the possibility of 2 (or really 3) injuries is not how NFL rosters should be designed in my opinion. Training Peters to be a TE cause making him a T eliminates him as a pass-catching weapon is a good reason for making the TE decision while this necessity is not.

However, it appears to me we are now between a rock and a hard place as the TE situation is on the bear edge (Campbell's healing knee) of a meltdown or the tackle situation is one of grave uncertainty (Gandy looks good thankfully but he better never get nicked.

I am very concerned and if get the wrong injury I think worry (or even panuic) may be justified.

I think MM is as willing to not utilize the position as his predecessor was.

422710[/snapback]

I think MM is not as willing to utilize this position as his predecessor.

I apologize but it was a tough read. In another life I was an editor.

I think MM is not as willing to utilize this position as his predecessor.

I apologize but it was a tough read. In another life I was an editor.

422722[/snapback]

Good observation...I worked with German companies for many years and in the spirit of effective communication with nationals, got into the habit of saying things like "Out the window the baby with the bathwater went".

I can't recall who, but some past literary wit once mentioned that "The German is unkind to his verbs"... :lol:

Actually, the correction changed the meaning of what you were trying to say.  You got it right the first time.  Unless you think Gilbride used the TE's in his offense.

422784[/snapback]

What correction? I did no such. My statement was perfectly clear in the first place; I was being concilliatory to a fellow who claimed editorship. ;):rolleyes: