eball

drafted in the 10th position:

QB -- brees

RBs -- mcgahee, kevin jones, lamont jordan, larry johnson, faulk

WRs -- steve smith, roy williams, moulds, troy williamson, kevin curtis

TE -- ben watson

K -- stover

D -- bills, steelers

we start 2 RBs and 3 WRs (and 1 of everything else)

my thoughts:

very fortunate to get the mcgahee/jones combo w/ the 10th and 15th picks. took larry johnson in the 6th as trade bait if priest goes down, and figured jordan is a good bye week/injury fill-in.

not completely sold on my WRs after smith and williams, but i figured moulds is still the #1 in buffalo and i like the rook in minnesota. i also expect curtis to get a lot of action in st louis.

took brees in the 8th. was going to get hasselbeck but he went 3 picks earlier.

the defense thing was a fluke; i drafted the bills at the end of the 9th round (106th pick) but pittsburgh was still sitting there at 130 and i couldn't pass up the chance to keep them away from someone else.

so, how does it look?

Looks good on paper. You have alot of guys who I personally do not like this year, but overall a pretty good team.

You got the RBs, and thats the most important thing. I dont think Brees can duplicate last year, Roy Williams is one of too many targets in Detroit (and oh, by the way, has a questionable QB), Steve Smith is coming off an injury but has a chance to be a good WR again. Moulds has been falling in recent years and losing passes to evans. Willliamson is a good Wild Card at Reciever. I cant really argue against selecting these guys because they all have talent and its personal opinion (and i dont knwo when you selected them), but I am not a huge fan. They will probably carry you through though.

You got two hell of a defenses. TRADE BAIT! Wait until after week one, and find out who had the defense that scored the fewest amout of points, and try to grab a WR for it.

Oh, and you need a 2nd QB. If something happens to brees yo will be hurtin'

Looks good on paper.  You have alot of guys who I personally do not like this year, but overall a pretty good team. 

You got the RBs, and thats the most important thing.  I dont think Brees can duplicate last year, Roy Williams is one of too many targets in Detroit (and oh, by the way, has a questionable QB), Steve Smith is coming off an injury but has a chance to be a good WR again.  Moulds has been falling in recent years and losing passes to evans.  Willliamson is a good Wild Card at Reciever.  I cant really argue against selecting these guys because they all have talent and its personal opinion (and i dont knwo when you selected them), but I am not a huge fan.  They will probably carry you through though.

You got two hell of a defenses.  TRADE BAIT!  Wait until after week one, and find out who had the defense that scored the fewest amout of points, and try to grab a WR for it.

Oh, and you need a 2nd QB.  If something happens to brees yo will be hurtin'

422278[/snapback]

thanks for the comments. i really like brees, b/c you know teams are geared to stop LT and he showed last year that he will make them pay. i'll grab another QB off the waiver wire somewhere along the way.

i drafted smith at 3.34, williams at 5.58, and moulds at 7.82 (used picks 1, 2, 4, and 6 on my RBs). i'm very happy w/ smith and williams -- and moulds doesn't concern me as a #3. if williamson starts producing, i can always plug him in.

yes, i drafted the two Ds for trade bait (similar to larry johnson).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.