3rd down conversions??

Anybody know that stats so far this pre-season for the offense converting 3rd downs?  It's gotta be pathetic.  I know it's just pre-season, but somebody's got start asking Mularkey some questions.  This was the problem last year with Bledsoe and it seems like nothing has changed.

420057[/snapback]

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/AFC/OFF-...re?sort_col_1=7

After 2 games.

4 of 17 tonight.

Pathetic. Parrish and Everett are sorely needed. I also don't buy the argument that Mularkey and the play-callers are sand-bagging for the pre-season. What good does the current slop on offense do for anybody? You can't just all of a sudden turn on a switch come Sept. 11 and have an efficient offense. I will be pissed if Mularkey does not rip apart the ineptness of this offense publicly. They better start showing some concern. This offense isn't getting any better.

Pathetic.  Parrish and Everett are sorely needed.  I also don't buy the argument that Mularkey and the play-callers are sand-bagging for the pre-season.  What good does the current slop on offense do for anybody?  You can't just all of a sudden turn on a switch come Sept. 11 and have an efficient offense.  I will be pissed if Mularkey does not rip apart the ineptness of this offense publicly.  They better start showing some concern.  This offense isn't getting any better.

420074[/snapback]

Bye bye

Looks like Mularkey agrees with me. Are the Bills going to run a trick play every 3rd down? If you can't lineup and knock guys off the line to convert 3rd and 1's and 2's now, it's not going to change in the regular season. I guess some of you pollyanna's think otherwise. It is frustrating that at this point in the pre-season, the offense looks like it is the first day they've ever played together.

Looks like Mularkey agrees with me.  Are the Bills going to run a trick play every 3rd down?  If you can't lineup and knock guys off the line to convert 3rd and 1's and 2's now, it's not going to change in the regular season.  I guess some of you pollyanna's think otherwise.  It is frustrating that at this point in the pre-season, the offense looks like it is the first day they've ever played together.

420312[/snapback]

:lol:

Do you even know how the coaches use preseason games? :(

I know that nothing good can come from sloppiness and failure. When 2nd stringers are in, it is hard to be as critical because it is a bunch of guys trying to earn a roster spot. But there is no excuse for the 1st stringers. This is supposed to be a power running offense, and the 1st team probably had as many no gain runs as positive yardage runs. Penalties, fumbles, jail-breaks... I don't understand how that is part of any pre-season strategy. It is only pre-season but there is plenty of reason for concern.

I know that nothing good can come from sloppiness and failure.  When 2nd stringers are in, it is hard to be as critical because it is a bunch of guys trying to earn a roster spot.  But there is no excuse for the 1st stringers.  This is supposed to be a power running offense, and the 1st team probably had as many no gain runs as positive yardage runs.  Penalties, fumbles, jail-breaks... I don't understand how that is part of any pre-season strategy.  It is only pre-season but there is plenty of reason for concern.

420324[/snapback]

Yes, some concern. I don't get to see the games, but the play-by-play on nfl.com shows a pretty dismal first-half performance. Both teams, really...