How do the Bills expect to stretch defenses??

LabattBlue

If the Bills don't at least ATTEMPT to throw deep several times a game, how do they expect to keep defense from sneaking up towards the los and stuffing the run. You have to try and hit Evans or Moulds on a fly at least 2 or 3 times a game.

#1 You keep the defenses honest

#2 Possibility of a huge pass interference penalty

#3 They may even catch the ball

You have to give it a try!

Has anyone given any thought to:

1. This was the OLs second game together. Let them get some cohesiveness before you ask them to give Drew time to throw the long ball.

2. Drew may not be sold 100% on the short drops and quick releases. Let him find some success, avoid getting crushed, and build his confidence up before asking him to stand back there, taking the hit and pitch the home run ball.

3. Play game #1, take stock as to where the O really stands, and then make adjustments. It may take a few games to find out what this O is really good at. So far through preseason and game one, I have yet to see why coaches would believe the long game would work for this team.

Guest bottom line

Too bad Kevin Gilbride or Gregg Williams isn't here to take the blame for Bledsoe.

The Buffalo News columnist said it best,"But here's what resonates: The Bills, by choice, put the ball in Bledsoe's hands on third and goal from the Jacksonville 1 with just more than 10 minutes remaining. He froze, surrendering a sack, taking a fourth-down touchdown try out of the equation. Jacksonville, out of necessity, put its trust in Leftwich on the final drive and came away with a victory.

Winners make plays, losers play like Bledsoe in the crunch. Bledsoe is a loser. Period.

The Buffalo News columnist said it best,"But here's what resonates: The Bills, by choice, put the ball in Bledsoe's hands on third and goal from the Jacksonville 1 with just more than 10 minutes remaining. He froze, surrendering a sack, taking a fourth-down touchdown try out of the equation. Jacksonville, out of necessity, put its trust in Leftwich on the final drive and came away with a victory.

Winners make plays, losers play like Bledsoe in the crunch. Bledsoe is a loser. Period.

---------------------------

He froze???? Who is writing this column the weather man? He was sacked because his play was broken. If he had thrown that ball there was a very good chance it would have been picked off.

As far as your opinion...I put no weight in to it if you are listening to this garbage. Leftwich got lucky. And he didn't make the play in the end zone. His wide reciever caught the ball.

If the Bills don't at least ATTEMPT to throw deep several times a game, how do they expect to keep defense from sneaking up towards the los and stuffing the run.  You have to try and hit Evans or Moulds on a fly at least 2 or 3 times a game. 

#1 You keep the defenses honest

#2 Possibility of a huge pass interference penalty

#3 They may even catch the ball

You have to give it a try!

29211[/snapback]

Welll, I watched, flipping about, CIN-NYJ, WAS-NO, DAL-MN, and KC-DEN. Now maybe it was a 1st-week phenomena, but in all 4 games, recievers were wide-open - no defense did much of chucking within 5 yards. A whole bunce of receivers, IMO, dropped balls because they were so open and surprised.

I can't recall a single pass intereference penalty...Perhaps 1st game cobwebs...but I am a bit worried that the "new" interference rules might turn this season into an Arena Football extravaganza... :doh:

Guest Dwight Drane

---------------------------

He froze???? Who is writing this column the weather man? He was sacked because his play was broken. If he had thrown that ball there was a very good chance it would have been picked off.

As far as your opinion...I put no weight in to it if you are listening to this garbage. Leftwich got lucky. And he didn't make the play in the end zone. His wide reciever caught the ball.

29454[/snapback]

That was a good sack, although I would have fired the ball in the crowd to set up a 4th and goal at the 1...but better than a pick.

The Bills had them set up to go long. The package where Aiken and Reed would come in and they'd run, was most likely designed to go Fly when there was man coverage and no safety to help. Just like the reverse that failed set up a 15yd draw, and the botched screen set up one that worked when they gave a cushion.

I liked they playcalling, and Mularkey was confident on his challange and the punt call. If that was the 2nd quarter, he goes for 3....but at the end of the game it was the right call. It's easy to be disappointed, but we should see some good football this year. We may have blown the playoffs yesterday, but we are in much beter hands it seems

1.  This was the OLs second game together.  Let them get some cohesiveness before you ask them to give Drew time to throw the long ball.

29324[/snapback]

I don't think it is a lot to ask the OL to block for 3 seconds, so DB can throw one or two deep passes. They are professionals. When might they be ready to take the huge step of being able to protect the QB for more than 1.5 seconds?? Would game 8 or 9 be too soon to ask this of them? :doh: