Pats pick up Andre' Davis

Thailog80

You might save a little on Belladonna root- boil 'er up and chew to your heart's content. It should provide the same hallucinations you're getting from the Testor's without violating your court order to stay out of the hobby store ;-)

Your personal attacks are usual coupled with a comment slightly related to the debate at hand. Since this post abandons the debate completely, I'll take take that as an admission that you have as well.

Your concession is accepted.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your personal attacks are usual coupled with a comment slightly related to the debate at hand.  Since this post abandons the debate completely, I'll take take that as an admission that you have as well.

Your concession is accepted.

417379[/snapback]

There's no debate- you believe "Long Ball Brady" is a top deep passer in the NFL- that simply makes you silly. And as I pointed out before, I enjoy watching the silly twist and turn.

Sorry your bus has arrived and you have to go ;-)

you believe "Long Ball Brady" is a top deep passer in the NFL...

Indeed I do. And so far in this thread I've backed up my position by posting:

- A quote from a published sports journalist stating that Brady is one of the best and most consistent deep passers in the NFL.

- A collection of stats showing that in 2004, Brady threw more passes in the 31-40 yard range and 41+ yard range than Peyton Manning, who is widely regarded as a frequent and consistent deep passer.

- An article written by a published sports journalist stating that in 2004, Brady ranked 4th in the NFL in deep pass percentage.

- A collection of stats (provided by ATBNG) showing that of the top 13 passing offense in the NFL in 2004, the Pats (led by Brady) collected the second highest percentage of their passing yards through the air, and not through YAC.

While you have backed up your position by:

- Stating ad nauseam that you are right, and that I am wrong.

If you want me to take your position seriously, provide something to back it up besides saying "it's so."

That's odd, I didn't even hear your Clown Horn!

My Yankees have given me 9 CHAMPIONSHIP PARADES. I'm surprised you haven't bought one of their jerseys yet.

I enjoy seeing the silly and uniformed act even sillier and less informed- it makes the Bandwagon crash so much more fun to watch 8-)

417363[/snapback]

Hmmm thats odd, when did the Yankees play in the NFL?

I thought we were talking football? If you want to switch to baseball, surely we can rationally discuss Buffalo's MLB team right?

The definition depends upon whether we're including statistical evidence and applying the name or simply applying a fan's observations from field play. I'd approach it from the fan side by saying that since most downfield teams are going to go to the well maybe 5 or 6 times a game on the average and those are typically, with true "Long Ball" QBs like Culpepper tosses that break somehwere in the 45+ yards from QB to Receiver, I could live with a 45+ number without, of course RAC. Obviously we're not talking about any quality issues here, but the dinkers in the league can get maybe one big toss like that in a game without losing their arm over the course of the season but it's only the big boys who can do it any time and with regularity.

Vertical passing is simply over the top of the defense and hence with stuffed running formations on the other side of the ball can be 20 yard passes in the right circumstances. The term is open to some intepretation, it surely is used in a variety of ways by game commentators, but a vertical game is simply an empahsis away from the sidelines and instead over the top of the D, in other words Yin to the lateral passing games Yang.

417307[/snapback]

Last year, the Vikings (led by "Long Ball" Culpepper) average completion covered 6.24 yards in the air.

The Patriots average completion covered 8.21 yards in the air - 31% farther.

Hmmm thats odd, when did the Yankees play in the NFL? 

I thought we were talking football?    If you want to switch to baseball, surely we can rationally discuss Buffalo's MLB team right?

417458[/snapback]

Hey. all of Buffalo's former players are on the Tribe and are tied with the Yanks for the wild card!

Go BISONS!

By the way, how many American Association titles to the Red Sox have? That's what I thought!!!! :lol:

Indeed I do.  And so far in this thread I've backed up my position by continuously fabricating information that doesn't exist or isn't true.

417389[/snapback]

Indeed!

The challenge is clear- you asked me to set my standard for a "Deep Ball" rating and I've provided it. Now you must identify at least one set of back to back regular season games in which your "Long Ball Brady" makes 6 or more pass attempts that travel over 45 yards each downfield beyond the Line Of Scrimmage before reaching the receiver.

Good Luck- BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Patriots average completion covered 8.21 yards in the air - 31% farther.

417541[/snapback]

Absolutely, which is the case in almost every dink and dunk short passing offense- the long ball teams topping the RAC category have lower average pass in the air stats while the little dink and dunk offenses like NE have a lower RAC and higher average pass in the air. The stats are almost perfectly consistent in this grouping.

Absolutely, which is the case in almost every dink and dunk short passing offense- the long ball teams topping the RAC category have lower average pass in the air stats while the little dink and dunk offenses like NE have a lower RAC and higher average pass in the air. The stats are almost perfectly consistent in this grouping.

417734[/snapback]

I'm getting very dizzy reading this thread. I don't know what to think, but I will say this: Whether Brady is throwing long or short, I wish he would start doing the opposite of whatever he has been doing. Hopefully that equates to the opposite of winning.

Might be time for you fellahs to agree to disagree.

;)

Now I know you're merely trying to antagonize me. This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

And intentionally misquoting some = trolling, as far as I'm concerned.

Salvage whatever credibility you still have around here and stop posting in this thread. You only embarrass yourself further with each illogical rambling.

I'm getting very dizzy reading this thread.  I don't know what to think, but I will say this:  Whether Brady is throwing long or short, I wish he would start doing the opposite of whatever he has been doing.  Hopefully that equates to the opposite of winning.

417774[/snapback]

No need to get dizzy- if you look at the stats cited by ATBNG, which in the manner he accrued them removes the RAC from the total pass, you'll see very consistently that the long ball offensesinthe NFL, the true gunslinger led teams who we see throwing the ball vertically every week all year long, have a higher percentage of RAC and also lower "pass inthe air" numbers than the West Coast style teams. New England's stats fall clearly among those of the little short pithc West Coast teams.

But the great thing is HD can't possibly answer my challenge to provide back to back regualr sedason games where his fantasy "Long Ball Brady" has thrown 6 deep balls becasue this simply has never happened. Belichick realizes he doesn't want to use Brady's noodle and play the arm out since he's not a long ball guy and instead he wisely saves the few big passes he'll let Brady throw for the post-season. It's good football on Belichick's part, but will always disqualify Brady from being considered a "long ball" QB as the Troll insists.

yah seriously, i hate brady as much as the next bills fan, but this thread is becoming rather nauseating...please please please mods kill this thread or close it...

plus my head is spinning and i dont think i can follow either one of the arguements anymore...

Salvage whatever credibility you still have around here and stop posting in this thread.  You only embarrass yourself further with each illogical rambling.

417784[/snapback]

That's right- you better ignore my challenge because you can't possibly do it- show me two back to back regular season games in which Brady has thrown 6 or more deep balls.

Tick....Tick....Tick.....Tick....

Can you say- Jellyfish?

Tom Brady has QB's 3 Super Bowl winning teams in 4 years...I do not care if thows the ball 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage and lets hiw WR run for the yards....AKC, please stop as I have no aspirin here at my office

417782[/snapback]

There must be some fly on turd analogy in here somewhere......

Unfortunately, this no longer about Brady's long ball ability - it's been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm right.

No, this about AKC's complete inability to admit that he is wrong. I've debates with him in the past, and he has never admitted he was wrong, even though he was wrong each time. It's the principal of the matter. People living in a civilized society based on logic and reason simply shouldn't behave as he does, and I'm going to try and do the world (or, at least, everyone who's forced to interact wit hAKC) a service by attempting to break him of his problem behaviors. If I present with the absurdity of his own behavior enough times, I feel he may realize why it is wrong.

Unfortunately, this no longer about Brady's long ball ability - it's been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm right.

417794[/snapback]

Then you'lll be happy to identify even ONE single regular season game in which he has thrown 6 deep balls!

Waiting..........................................................

There must be some fly on turd analogy in here somewhere......

417793[/snapback]

honestly...the amount of nonsense you spew on here..I would not be the least suprised if you were one of those trained monkeys with a typewriter, smoking a cigarette and drinking coffee