Competition is Great!!!

For those who were frustrated sitting through the poor regular season performance of Antonio Gates as GW's return guy who could have imagined that in MM's second year we would have:

1. Clements remaining a PR guy who can score but quite frankly there may be no need for him on ST with other talents.

2. Fast Freddy also demonstrated he can score in the real world with a TD and a couple of good returns last year but he may not even make the team as we are looking pretty deep at WR even with Parrish out.

3. When Parrish comes back PR chops is one of his collegiate claims to fame.

4. Drew Haddad is making a strong case for sticking around with a good challenge to Reed as the #3 WR if Parrish is out for a while but it is actually his past contributions as a return guy and some nice returns tonight that seems to say it is when rather than if he will score a return TD.

5. Rashard Lee is struggling in the RB battle and may not make this team give Shaud Williams showing well and Gates getting a TD. However, the great eye-cacher by Lee was a 69 or so yard return where he was generally untouched meaning the blocking was effective but he gets a lot of credit for finding the holes and exploiting them so well.

6. Bills fans are quite impressed with Jim Leonhard and his attitude and rep, nut again his real world production tonight was turning some PRs into posuitive yards.

Tough decisions will have to be made, but I far prefer us having to cut a couple of guys who could be kept than having to go with one player on PR with potential but little else.

If Clements DOES reregotiate and sign long term with the Bills, I hope that he never returns another punt. We simply cannot afford to lose him to injury in that manner.

Sad too....because he is, imo, nothing less than spectacular at returning punts.

413591[/snapback]

he is an average punt returner that doesn't that care of the ball. He fumbles way to much for me ........