Rian Lindell Discussion

Since coming to the bills in 2003 Rian Lindell is.....

24-26 from 20-29 yards  13-14 from 30-39 yards 4-10 from 40-49 yards and 0-2 from 50 yards.  This shows me since Lindell has been here the coaching staff has had absolutly zero faith in Lindell kicking long range fg's  7 of his 10 attempts from 40-49 came in 2003.  It was great to see him hit that 54 yarder yesterday but I'll only be impressed when he makes some kicks that send us to the playoffs.

413745[/snapback]

This is is what I've been saying all along - the numbers show that Lindell is not reliable past 40 yards and that the coaches have been wary to even give him the opportunity. The last 2 seasons he's been last in the NFL in terms of longest FG on the season (44 yards and 43 yards) - that's pretty sad.

I don't want to bash the guy and I certainly hope he's taken his game up a notch, but he's going to have to do more than hit a 54 yarder in the preseason to make a believer out of me.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It was great to see the long kicks, but it is also hard to forget holding my breath and closing my eyes during kicks last year. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt an keep one eye open for a while. 54 yds. is 54 yards preseason or not, what remains to be seen is if Mularkey will send him out when it really counts.