If Mularkey plays Willis for more the 2 series...

Considering Willis is already banged up a bit, I think shaud should get the majority of first half carries. Its not worth messing with Wilis' inkury for a meaningless preseason game.

Dont be shocked if tehy give him the night off at the last minute. Would not surprise me at all.

has he practiced at all this week??  I've not really kept track this week...  very very busy at work.  I'd say play him a series.  get shaud all the work he can get.

412989[/snapback]

Practiced Wednesday. He's fine. Oh Happy late Birthday. 0:)

Mularkey was quoted in one of this morning's articles (or perhaps yesterday) that WM will play, but not much, because he wants to see what Shaud and Gates and ReShard and even Burns can do, so he is going to switch them all off and try to get them in with the same first or second or third teamers to be able to compare their production. That seems the only thing he could or should do. We don't need to run Willis much, we need to know who will back him up and who can play against 1st and second team defenses.

the offensive line is 2/5ths new, thus willis needs to get his timing down. also JP is new, making willis needed to help with blitz pickups - and hot reads as they will see them come september 11th.

if willis is healthy he is to play. if he gets injured again, then so be it. walking on egg shells is not mularky's style...