Defensive End and Kicker....

eventualchamps

Guest Guest_BillsRebound_*

Lindell should be given 1 or 2 more games. As far as DE's go, I thought Schobel, Kelsay and even Denny played nice games. They didn't get any sacks but got consistent pressure on Leftwich all game. The problem with our pass rush and what prevents it from being dominant is that our tackles are strictly run-stoppers and don't get any good rushes at the QB.

Lindell should be given 1 or 2 more games.  As far as DE's go, I thought Schobel, Kelsay and even Denny played nice games.  They didn't get any sacks but got consistent pressure on Leftwich all game.  The problem with our pass rush and what prevents it from being dominant is that our tackles are strictly run-stoppers and don't get any good rushes at the QB.

28835[/snapback]

The only thing Lindell should be given is the boot. He wasnt any good last year and the beat goes on .I have seen highschool kickers better than this guy.Having a good or bad in this case affects the coackes decisions on game day :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Guest Guesteroo
We need a dominant defensive end and a kicker.  I think these are the Bills most glaring weaknesses.

Any opinions??

28804[/snapback]

Coming in to this season, I feared that our terrible kicker was going to cost us a few close games. He sure hasn't wasted any time. He will cost us a couple more close ones down the line as well. But, hey TD thought he was worth big bucks as far as kickers go. And TD doesn't think we need to spend a high pick on a defensive end, or sign a good DE in free-agency. But, as everyone always says on this board "TD isn't out on the field playing" . . .

What a cop out. TD is responsible for building this team. If the "honeymoon is long since over". . . maybe it's time for a divorce. Year 4 of TD is going to be almost as bad as year one (3-13).

Lindell is terrible, I dont care what anyone says. He is comparable to an above-average college kicker. He is the weakest link of this team. For a team who constantly plays tight ball games, it's worth spending a million plus on a GOOD kicker. I wish we had kept Hollis around who was clutch. Lindell must have mental/confidence problems, because at this level you should not perform as bad as he does.

Coming in to this season, I feared that our terrible kicker was going to cost us a few close games. He sure hasn't wasted any time. He will cost us a couple more close ones down the line as well. But, hey TD thought he was worth big bucks as far as kickers go. And TD doesn't think we need to spend a high pick on a defensive end, or sign a good DE in free-agency. But, as everyone always says on this board "TD isn't out on the field playing" . . .

What a cop out. TD is responsible for building this team. If the "honeymoon is long since over". . . maybe it's time for a divorce. Year 4 of TD is going to be almost as bad as year one (3-13).

28861[/snapback]

TD doesnt think he should waste high draft pick on a DE??? Kelsay round 2...Denney Round 2....I guess you only get talent in the first round....why even bother with the rest of the draft after round 1...LoL

What do you think, dominant DEs grow on trees? How many teams in today's NFL have a game-breaking DE on the roster? The Patsies don't and they've won 2 of 3 SBs. We have 3 good-very good DEs and a Bruce Smith type player isn't likely to fall into our laps any time soon.

Lindell isn't good, but at least his kickoffs are deeper than they were last year. This team led all game - right up till the last play. We got screwed in typical Bills fasion. Maybe this will use up some bad karma and we won't see another wide right/forward lateral anytime soon.

We need a dominant defensive end and a kicker.  I think these are the Bills most glaring weaknesses.

Any opinions??

28804[/snapback]

and QB of course.......-those 3 things would make this a playoff team.

What do you think, dominant DEs grow on trees?  How many teams in today's NFL have a game-breaking DE on the roster?  The Patsies don't and they've won 2 of 3 SBs.  We have 3 good-very good DEs and a Bruce Smith type player isn't likely to fall into our laps any time soon.

Lindell isn't good, but at least his kickoffs are deeper than they were last year.  This team led all game - right up till the last play.  We got screwed in typical Bills fasion.  Maybe this will use up some bad karma and we won't see another wide right/forward lateral anytime soon.

28979[/snapback]

;):lol: Love the name!!!