Fredonia or Pittsford?

Canal Side - Open but sucks ass. Only good for the nights you want to pick up a slut.

Northbound- Closed

Barbers- Open. Cool bar when it's not crowded.

Lincoln- Never heard of

Rox- Never heard of

BVI- Never heard of

Caseys- Never heard of. I'll assume all these closed before I got there.

My favorite bar was Jimmy Macs when I was there. That has since closed though as the owner was a gambler that didn't know when to fold'em. I heard a good BBQ joint/bar opened but haven't been back to try it out.

413094[/snapback]

Thanks for the update! Where was Jimmy Macs? May have been in one of those joints that you listed as closed...Barbers was a good place, on Monday nights they had $1.50 pitchers (remember, I'm talking 1982-84)...you could find that type of change in your couch...and there was always a sign behind the grill: "Fried Smelt, $1.00." As buzzed as I was many times, I never went for the smelt... 0:)

Thanks for the update!  Where was Jimmy Macs?  May have been in one of those joints that you listed as closed...Barbers was a good place, on Monday nights they had $1.50 pitchers (remember, I'm talking 1982-84)...you could find that type of change in your couch...and there was always a sign behind the grill: "Fried Smelt, $1.00."  As buzzed as I was many times, I never went for the smelt... 0:)

413097[/snapback]

Mac's was on main street next to the canal. On warm nights you could sit on the canal wall and drink, only bar in town that you could drink outside at. Obviously, lead to a few enteraining morons doing a cannonball into the drink. I think a new bar has or will being opening up there.

It had damn good wings and burgers too.

Mac's was on main street next to the canal. On warm nights you could sit on the canal wall and drink, only bar in town that you could drink outside at. Obviously, lead to a few enteraining morons doing a cannonball into the drink. I think a new bar has or will being opening up there.

It had damn good wings and burgers too.

413101[/snapback]

Well, if it was on the north side of the canal, it may have been near where the Barge Inn was...which I know was closed down many years ago. Barge was a great place also...two floors of mayhem.

Hell, I knew guys who did a cannonball in the canal in the middle of winter...

hmm...do i want a cheeseburger or the filet? grape juice or a vintage cabernet sauvignon?

i've been to camp at fredonia. i ONLY enjoyed it because i'm a bills' fanatic. i have the feeling i could take several non-football fans to pittsford and they'd enjoy themselves.