Tom Clements to be on the sideline in games

kota

As long as he has someone in the booth I don't think it matters much. It's may seem impersonal, but the birds eye view is a MUCH better way to break down a defense.

But with todays technology, TC can probably be told whats going on, and have plays put on a monitor on the sideline if he really has to see it.

Kind of like when they show a QB sitting down 1min after an INT looking at pictures of what the D formation was and what they missed.

Honestly, I'd rather see him upstairs, but that's just me.

As long as he has someone in the booth I don't think it matters much.  It's may seem impersonal, but the birds eye view is a MUCH better way to break down a defense. 

But with todays technology, TC can probably be told whats going on, and have plays put on a monitor on the sideline if he really has to see it.

Kind of like when they show a QB sitting down 1min after an INT looking at pictures of what the D formation was and what they missed.

Honestly, I'd rather see him upstairs, but that's just me.

411179[/snapback]

It's certainly nicer for a young QB to be able to walk off the field and talk face-to-face with his coordinator rather than using the "red courtesy phone." That way they can look at the pictures together to figure out what went wrong. I think it will be good for Losman.

It made sense to me for an OC because there is such a better view of the schmetics of the game from up above. One needs to balance this with there being a far better sense of how the flow of the game feels to be found on the fieldamidst the players (you can look forlks in the eye and tell when they are ready to perform or are they scared and this can make a real difference on what is the correct play call.

However, it always seemed to me that ifthe co-ordinator were up in the booth for the most part calling and controlling the scheme and the HC was on the ground making the final judgment on critical calls like change of possession and the redzone and kibbitzing as needed on particular calls then you can serve both beasts.

I have a few questions about coaches in the booth and those in the booth.

First, how much do you all think this is directly releated to JP's inexperience? I think a lot of people would think it is 100 connected, but I think it is decent idea no matter who is your QB.

Second, where is Sam Wyche? I hope he is on the sidelines. With a megaphone.

Lastly, is there one dedicated guy in the booth who reviews plays to determine if they should be challenged? I think that job is important enough to make it one guy's sole job. he should be checking out every play. Besides, while that guy is checking a play in slow-mo over and over, the real coaches can be working the next plays.

It's certainly nicer for a young QB to be able to walk off the field and talk face-to-face with his coordinator rather than using the "red courtesy phone."  That way they can look at the pictures together to figure out what went wrong.  I think it will be good for Losman.

411183[/snapback]

Typoically, it would be better if Clements was in the booth Wyche was on the field with his QB.

You can't see what is happening on the field from the sideline.

They may flip it around and have Wyche in the booth.