I finally watched the Bills-Colts game and

Wiz

After listening on the radio, hearing the reviews and seeing some of the highlights, I believed that JP had a so-so game. But, after watching it on NFL network, I think JP played well and that, but for a couple of dropped balls and Evans falling down, the Bills could have scored in the first two drives.

In the first series, he hit Evans on a deep out route at the sideline. I thought initially it was thrown into the ground, but upon closer review, it hit Evans in the chest and was a catchable ball thrown where only Evans could catch it. Next, he had Evans open on a fly pattern in which Evans was tripped by the defender and fell. It was a nice touch pass and could have been a big gain.

In the third series, the drive was stalled when Josh Reed bobbled another nice ball thrown low and away where nobody else could catch it. A catch would have been a first down.

In the fourth and fifth series, JP's looked good in passing and running, both drives ending in scores. He had one bad throw into traffic down the middle that Haddad ended up catching.

Throughout, Evans used his athletic ability to escape the rush and throw a short pass or run for a good gain.

The most troubling part was his two passes down the middle into traffic that could have been intercepted and, of course, his fumble at the beginning of the third quarter.

However, overall, I came away with a lot better feeling about his performance.

I agree. I just re-watched it again today and I really liked what I saw. The thing about JP when he's on the run is that he seems to always square his shoulders before release. Most of his throws were dead on accurate, and a few of them were like lasers. I love his mobility and the way he gets upset with himself when he makes a mistake. I can't wait to see how things go when the receivers help him out a little more.

I am going to watch it when I get back from football practice tonight.....

I have to say that I just dont understand some people.....I mean...I know the guy was compared to Brett Farve...but even BRETT FARVE WASN"T BRETT FARVE at the beginning.....

As long as our offense can score a little more then last season....our defense is going to keep us in it.....that is all I am expecting right now.....

BUT....I bet by the 3rd qtr of the season we are getting a lot more then that.....

I am going to watch it when I get back from football practice tonight.....

I have to say that I just dont understand some people.....I mean...I know the guy was compared to Brett Farve...but even BRETT FARVE WASN"T BRETT FARVE at the beginning.....

As long as our offense can score a little more then last season....our defense is going to keep us in it.....that is all I am expecting right now.....

BUT....I bet by the 3rd qtr of the season we are getting a lot more then that.....

JP is very un-Favre-like in that Favre used to throw pick after pick. He seemed like a bust in the early-going, but became IMHO one of the greatest QB's in NFL history. JP OTOH seems to be able to mostly throw the ball where only the receiver can make the catch, and that's a great trait to have. He needs to work on NOT throwing into traffic so much, but, like Favre, he's got a gun and a gunslinger's attitude, so I doubt that goes away anytime soon. But he should be a good one. <_<

The most troubling part was his two passes down the middle into traffic that could have been intercepted and, of course, his fumble at the beginning of the third quarter.

I didn't ahve much of a problem with those two balls he threw on 3rd down. Both times he made a good decision, picked the right receiver and threw at single coverage (once at an overmatched LB, the other at a nickelback). Both times though the defender made very good plays to get a hand in there and deflect the pass. The only thing you could question was whether or not he made his decision quick enough. I thought both times he had his guy open for the succesful conversion but then both times the ball came out a microsecond late. Those throws will come out quicker as he develops more confidence in his reads, but it wasn't like he was throwing into traffic or double coverage. Frankly, I was far more alarmed with teh neat little flip to McGahee, I hope Wyche let him hear it a little about that one.

Cya

There was at least one throw where I had to back up TIVO 8 seconds to replay the pass a couple of times because I just didn't see it leave JP's hand until it was out of the picture. The boy throws a fast ball! And 9 times out of 10, it's right where it needs to be. Part of the dropsies by our team may be that they're still adjusting to a faster throw. I dunno?

I didn't ahve much of a problem with those two balls he threw on 3rd down. Both times he made a good decision, picked the right receiver and threw at single coverage (once at an overmatched LB, the other at a nickelback). Both times though the defender made very good plays to get a hand in there and deflect the pass. The only thing you could question was whether or not he made his decision quick enough. I thought both times he had his guy open for the succesful conversion but then both times the ball came out a microsecond late. Those throws will come out quicker as he develops more confidence in his reads, but it wasn't like he was throwing into traffic or double coverage. Frankly, I was far more alarmed with teh neat little flip to McGahee, I hope Wyche let him hear it a little about that one.

Cya

410454[/snapback]

If that is the problem we have with JPL.....that is a good thing because that goes away with time.