5 big ideas to change the planet or at

1. I think baseball owners should lock players out when their CBA expires until they get a comprehensive steriod agreement that will clean up the game with

severe penalties.

2. I am thinking of camping out at Bush's ranch once this Sheehan thing is over until Bush explains to me why their must be NFL blackouts. (I know it isn't rational, but I demand terms)

3. I am never sure what to say at funerals so I just say, "I am really sorry," and feel stupid. There should be a specific word for this emotion that sounds german.

4. Good wine is a superior drink with a good meal. The problem is that most resturants serve very average wine. Resturants in America should adopt the Austrailian practice of allowing customers to bring a good bottle a wine to consume with their dinner and charging a small corkage fee for opening the bottle and clean glasses.

If they did this I would eat out more.

5. I've said this before, but Sabres who are Amerks veterans should have a small Amerks patch on their uniform in solidarity with Rochester and fans that have supported them with both teams.

4. Good wine is a superior drink with a good meal. The problem is that most resturants serve very average wine. Resturants in America should adopt the Austrailian practice of allowing customers to bring a good bottle a wine to consume with their dinner and charging a small corkage fee for opening the bottle and clean glasses.

If they did this I would eat out more.

409904[/snapback]

Actually, if you call ahead and arrange it (i.e. when you make reservations), good restaurants will sometimes accommodate you, depending on local liquor laws. Never actually tried it in the DC area, but I know someone who did just that back in NY.

1. I think baseball owners should lock players out when their CBA expires until they get a comprehensive steriod agreement that will clean up the game with

severe penalties.

409904[/snapback]

Another strike would kill baseball. Besides, the game has never really been all that "clean." There were all sorts of gambling problems in the first three decades of the last century and a couple decades ago we had players taking "greenies" before every game to stay sharp and alert. Outlaw steroids and they'll find something else to cheat with.

Then you have "softcore" cheating like spitballs, doctoring the ball, "trapping" the ball on a catch, body armor at the plate, players erasing the batters box when they come to the plate, etc.

3. I am never sure what to say at funerals so I just say, "I am really sorry," and feel stupid. There should be a specific word for this emotion that sounds german.
I don't want a funeral. I think it'd be kind of cool to be fed to an animal at the zoo after I die. I tell this to people and they're horrified - "How can you want that to happen to your body?" they ask.

Well, it's not like I'm using it anymore.

5. I've said this before, but Sabres who are Amerks veterans should have a small Amerks patch on their uniform in solidarity with Rochester and fans that have supported them with both teams.
Why not just have a shoulder patch on the home jersey in the shape of NYS with two small stars on Buffalo and Rochester. You know Golisano wants to regionalize the team.

Besides, logos with geography are cool ten times out of ten.

Actually, if you call ahead and arrange it (i.e. when you make reservations), good restaurants will sometimes accommodate you, depending on local liquor laws.  Never actually tried it in the DC area, but I know someone who did just that back in NY.

409911[/snapback]

I never thought to call ahead to the restaurant to arrange it. I think I will next time. I trust my ability to find a good wine more than a restaurant manager, WNY wine menus are pretty lame. BTW, anyone who goes to Premiere in Orchard Park ask for Eric. Nice young man who usually doesn't miss with $12-$18 recommendations.

I don't want a funeral.  I think it'd be kind of cool to be fed to an animal at the zoo after I die.  I tell this to people and they're horrified - "How can you want that to happen to your body?" they ask.

Well, it's not like I'm using it anymore.

Hmmm, that would make for an interesting wake? Remember when Uncle Silver got fed to cheetas.

I think I prefer the old Irish wakes, these seem a thing of the past now.

My family it used to be a three day party right in the house or funeral home.

Why not just have a shoulder patch on the home jersey in the shape of NYS with two small stars on Buffalo and Rochester.  You know Golisano wants to regionalize the team.

Besides, logos with geography are cool ten times out of ten.

409947[/snapback]

I like this idea too.

I don't think baseball players would dare strike over steriod testing, but if they do we can all never watch a major league game again in good conscience.

Actually, if you call ahead and arrange it (i.e. when you make reservations), good restaurants will sometimes accommodate you, depending on local liquor laws.  Never actually tried it in the DC area, but I know someone who did just that back in NY.

409911[/snapback]

You can in Virginia but they charge an uncorking fee. $12 I think is what it costs right now.

409911[/snapback]

We have restaurants here that are strictly BYO.

409911[/snapback]

A lot of places here on Long Island will allow this. A good amount of spots, usually ethnic ones, dont even have liquor licenses and diners bring in beer, wine, anything. Wifey and I do this all the time. Howver, not ALL places do it and some proprietors have even been known to get pissed if you ask them, so be careful.