Tasker terrible as Play-by-Play

rjwjr21668

I thought that the play-by-play commentry by Steve Tasker might have been the worst that I ahve ever heard. He confused himself a multitude of times on the rule changes. Continually called out the wrong players, missed penalty calls and completly blew a FG attempt that he said was good, when it was not.

He is o.k. as a color guy on the network broadcast, but I think that he is woeful in this situation. Anyone agree or disagee???

I think he is absolutely terrible as a color man, too. A great player, and a great guy and a great Bill, just a lousy announcer who constantly makes mistakes and hardly ever offers excellent insight or analysis.

407148[/snapback]

Ditto.

It was so bad it was embarrassing. I think he should feel blessed to have a job in broadcasting.

407146[/snapback]

There's some truth in that, although to be fair, it depends a lot on the quality of the spotters in pre-season. I doubt they had much support in the booth for this game.

There's some truth in that, although to be fair, it depends a lot on the quality of the spotters in pre-season.  I doubt they had much support in the booth for this game.

407197[/snapback]

I don't think they had much to work with, one camera angle and very little support made both Steve and Marv look amateurish. Oh well, as bad as they were I still enjoyed the broadcast.

I too felt that Steve is a lousy play-by-play announcer. An earlier post pointed out how much help did they have in the booth and that is a good thought. But the last couple of years I have been wanting to give Steve the benefit of the doubt but that job is not for him. I liked him when as a player he had his own show or appeared on AM Buffalo. I thought he gave very good insight.