Tailgating In The Swamps

Just a few "changes" to be made at Giant Stadium wrt their tailgating policy.

As I predicted a long time ago, it is going to be pretty hard to grill. They claim there is a shortage of parking. Perhaps this is so, I haven't been there in 8 or so years so I can't really say.

They also claim that they will not allow "drunken" fans to enter. This is a tough one to argue with, but it deserves examination imo.

For instance, did the previous policy ENCOURAGE drunks to enter the stadium? I expect the following results:

1) Less cooking in the lot, thus more money spent on concessions.

2) Less beer in the lot, thus more money spent at concessions. Sadly, obnoxious drunks will always find a way to be obnoxious drunks.

3) This is but a step in the direction of banning eating, drinking and smoking in all football stadium parking lots. From what I have seen, this is an actual way of life in WNY. Each and every time I see groups of friends and families, men, women and kids having fun at RWS, I wish that I lived there.

There is no easy answer for the above. I feel like crying every time I think about the paralyzed little girl which was caused by a drunk coming from a jet game. I would rather be dead than to have anything close to this happen to one of my daughters.

I know that people need to behave more responsibly, especially wrt designated drivers. I just have very mixed feelings about removing a tradition which a vast majority of fans cherish and do not abuse.

Sad and confusing situation, ya know?

Without tailgating football is not football. :angry:

As for the little girl...while I have extreme sympathy and it breaks my heart to even think of it,,, but it is not about her (or others) it is about court proceedings for $$$$$.

That incident happens daily from some bar...from a restaurant...from a club...

The NFL is run by lawyers and eventually the No Fun League will kill themselves with perfection.

The NFL are like a bunch of productivity consultants who looked at the Symphany Orchestra and concluded that because the French Horns only played 10% of the time and the Trumpets only 15% of the time that they could be removed from the orchestra and money would be saved and nobody would notice. :blink:

Well, the NFL will do the same and remove tailgating and cheering (goodness don't stand up to cheer) and be left with high priced boxes who watch games on TV's with their back to the game outside...drinking expensive wines...walking to the limo's in underground parking... while the younger crowd will stay home and play Madden to see who REALLY wins because it is SOOOO real ( did you see the 06 version, TO looks more like TO than he does in real life) :blink:

I agree 100%, I am in full support of tailgating and think it is great. I am also in favor of tipping a few back. But if you are hammered when the game ends, something is wrong.

407179[/snapback]

I can't imagine how anyone would disagree. I guess the question is whether or not all should be deprived of a good time because of a few.

I also fear that Niagra Bill might be correct. :blink: