Fezmid

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please...your numerous deflections are becoming palpable.  :D

403924[/snapback]

Deflections? Man nobody could deflect the puck like Gretzky - he would just float out from behind the net and deflect a shot just about anywhere. Speaking of Gretzky, how do you think he'll do behind the bench?

Deflections?  Man nobody could deflect the puck like Gretzky - he would just float out from behind the net and deflect a shot just about anywhere.  Speaking of Gretzky, how do you think he'll do behind the bench?

403984[/snapback]

I don't know - I've not watched an NHL game for 5 or so years. Only the odd sports report or incident in the general news.

I suspect he will do alright, though. He certainly has a keen understanding of what's what - when I watched the game, he seemed to have eyes in the back of his head.

He didn't drive his head into the ice.  That was simply a consequence of the punch and resulting physics.

404074[/snapback]

Refresh my memory...didn't he crosscheck and then follow with using his body weight to add to the force of impact? IIRC, it was more than the "take this" extended-arm smack with a horizontal stick. No?

He didn't drive his head into the ice.  That was simply a consequence of the punch and resulting physics.

404074[/snapback]

Good point, we should all assume that NHL players don't know basic physics. *sigh*

(I was wondering how long it'd take you to join a hockey thread :D ).

CW

Refresh my memory...didn't he crosscheck and then follow with using his body weight to add to the force of impact? IIRC, it was more than the "take this" extended-arm smack with a horizontal stick. No?

404080[/snapback]

No. He punched him in the head with a "from way back here" right hand from behind right to Moore's jaw and rendered the victim instantly unconcious instantly. He folded up, was unable to protect himself and Bertuzzi's speed and superior weight came down on top of him, with his head basically being the first thing that hit the ice. It was the punch of a lifetime from a "sick" perspective.

The NHL had no problem suspending McSorley until his career was basically finished. AFAIK Brashear is still playing, and still an asshat who was far more deserving of his whack upside the head than Moore was.

What, did we expect the NHL to do anything that makes sense?