JP- Give him time

BobbyC81

If half way thru the season, the Bills are like 3-5 or 2-6 and JP has just had back to back games of like 7 for 25 for 60 yards and 3 INTs, then i'll be concerned.

Not now!

Even if he has a couple tough games early, I have confidence in Mularkey and the coaching staff to rely on the running game and defense and not put JP in the situation to have to win games.

I think the key for this team is not whether JP plays like a stud (he almost certainly won;t this year and believe it or not will probably play at best like a very talemted second year player- meanings a noticeable number of hiicups and young QB errors).

I think the key is going to be MM/TC pulling off the same thing they accomplished last year in the last 10 games in that they and the team somehow went 8-2 despite mediocre and spotty play at best from the QB.

If you believe the Bills were correct in replacing Bledsoe with Losman because Bledsoe was inadequate, then you also have to acknowledge that the Bills managed to win 80% of their final ten games even though the QB was generally inadequate with his play.

It is possible that JP is already the second coming of Favre, Young or Elway. However, really really really doubt he is there (YET) never having started and NFL game.

The key for the Bills winning (like it was with Pittsburgh last year) is not in how fast the QB develops, but whether the offensive braintrust and the team can get the positive production from the whole team and merely get a lack of mistakes and good fame management from their young QB (already a heavy load but easier to accomplish than him bursting on the scene as the new Elway).

I have hope and even confidence in the Bills O not because I have much confidence in the play of the young QB, but I do have confidence in the D leading the team for the third year in a row, in the ST at least coming close to the outstanding year they produced last year and our O demonstrated O genius working around JP's inevitable growing pains to still put up the Ws.

I have to agree there. Even if JP is only so-so this season... we could still end up doing well if our Offense, Defense, and special teams pull it together. I feel we have so much talent among the other positions (NOT saying that JP is untalented... I have alot of faith in him actually) that it is going to ease a "rookie" quarterback's transition into the NFL

guys (and gal), i have to disagree. i keep hearing everyone say that JP will make a lot of mistakes, blah, blah, blah, and only has to help "manage" the offense. i think this is a bunch of bullcrap.

this is football, not rocket science. give me a QB with a brain and some athletic ability and i'll give you a guy who should be able to perform at a reasonably high level.

the hall of fame is not filled with QBs who are also mensa members. people make this game a heluva lot more complicated than it really is. losman is a well rounded guy who got a good education and shows all the signs of having his head screwed on straight.

at this point, JP has shown me that he's (a) intelligent; (b) motivated; and © athletically gifted. i'm expecting a lot more out of him, THIS season, than most of you.

to hell with the "i hope he just doesn't lose games for us" mentality. JP is going to make plays that help the bills win. this year.

this is football, not rocket science.  give me a QB with a brain and some athletic ability and i'll give you a guy who should be able to perform at a reasonably high level.

402444[/snapback]

As though any schmoe with a pulse can get into the pros. Athletic ability and a brain are prerequisites for even being considered as camp fodder. QBs that perform at "reasonably high" levels have exceptional ability and brains.

i'm expecting a lot more out of him, THIS season, than most of you.

402444[/snapback]

You are right that you seem to expect a lot more from him than I do because I only HOPE he will be a quality NFL vet type QB.

While I HOPE this will be the case I simply have no EXPECTATION that my hopes will be reality.

The good news for us Bills fan is that MM has already demonstrated in real life that he can go 8-2 over the last 10 games even with a less than adequate QB.

Will Losman be an adequate QB? I hope so and he can be, but I really doubt that he will equal the output of Bledsoe haf as Bills QB in 2002 (I call this the Bledsoe Standard or BS level). Do you think or expect that Losman will be a Pro Bowl QB this year?

I expect that the Bills will actually do better than the 9-7 record we had last year and this team should make the playoffs. We did 9-7 with an inadequate QB and should at least be able to pull this off again even if our QB proves once again to be inadequate.

I have confidence in JP and think he will easily be able to exceed the Bledsoe 2003 performance which was so bad he merited being cut rather than extended even after that disaster.