For all of those that said JP looked bad......

sven233

I'm not saying JP was spectacular last night, but I hear a lot of critics saying he looked 'BAD', 'IFFY', 'TERRIBLE'.......Well, although he did make 1 real bad throw, he made the right reads at least aside from that 1. Now, I AM NOT excusing that 1 throw....it was bad, but many critics are saying that he looked bad.

One thing I do know is that he looked better than Favre did last night. Is everyone saying that it is going to be a terrible year for Favre? I don't think so. So, let's take it for what it was......a scrimmage in which JP played pretty well overall.

JP did well in my opinion. He only made 2 glaring mental mistakes and he had a couple of bad throws.

The 2 mistakes were.

1) He chose to scramble instead of a 20-30 yard completion to Josh Reed who was wide open.

2) He chose to force a pass into the back of the endzone to josh reed when he could have walked into the end zone. I expect this is the result of him missing Josh Reed earlier. He was trying to make up for it.

He threw the ball short on 2 passes which is just a timing problem with his receivers. I expect this to get better by the end of camp.

One thing i did like about JP last night is that he doesn't have a favorite receiver. He goes through the progressions and finds the first one open. He made completions to Campbell, Moulds, Parrish, Aiken, Reed

JP did well in my opinion.  He only made 2 glaring mental mistakes and he had a couple of bad throws.

The 2 mistakes were.

1)  He chose to scramble instead of a 20-30 yard completion to Josh Reed who was wide open.

2)  He chose to force a pass into the back of the endzone to josh reed when he could have walked into the end zone.  I expect this is the result of him missing Josh Reed earlier.  He was trying to make up for it.

He threw the ball short on 2 passes which is just a timing problem with his receivers.  I expect this to get better by the end of camp.

One thing i did like about JP last night is that he doesn't have a favorite receiver.  He goes through the progressions and finds the first one open.  He made completions to Campbell, Moulds, Parrish, Aiken, Reed

401143[/snapback]

In all fairness to JP I would rather scramble than risk throwing it to stone hands aka Josh Reed.