This is getting beyond old

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For someone who said "C-Ya" several posts ago, you still seem to be hanging around.

Must be post lag... :lol:

397730[/snapback]

He really can't help himself. It's one of those things about being a human being. Can't admit to being just as wrong about your core beliefs as those you abhorr.

I know about Lindbergh and Hearst's support for Hitler.  But they were both right-wingers, not liberals.  Your attempt to put them on the left is laughable.

You made a comparison of Bush to Lincoln by saying that those who complain about Bush's  lies would have said the same thing to Lincoln during the Civil War.  Is that too hard for you to figure out?

397711[/snapback]

Hearst a right winger! I hope for the sake of the nation's children you're not teaching history!

Hearst and Lindy Partying

You're comletely lost on the Lincoln reference and continue defending your attempt to change the fact reported to some way to keep from drowning in your own lack of sustainable argument-

In war historically the "absolutes" of reasoning the war virtually always evolve. Perhaps that's why the current administration offered 22 different reasons for going to Iraq- they knew they could confuse those of you who can only focus on one thing at a time ;-)

Which of your kids volunteered to be in the military?

397690[/snapback]

Well my 3 year old likes to player soldier, but I don't think they'd take him. Why is it so hard to believe that someone could believe Afghanistan was a just war, and the right thing to do, and Iraq is not. Had my kids been old enough and wanted to serve in the militarty to fight in Afghanistan I would have been proud. In my mind, Iraq is an optional war, it's a gamble, and was not the next step in the GWOT (I mean the struggle against global extremism). According to AKC, since you didn't support the war in Iraq, you are a coward. Do you agree?

Yes. Contrary to the sniveling cowards who constantly berate our government and troops in this time war, the reality is that there are better and lesser Americans. The best are in uniform overseas. The worst are interfering with the free speech rights of our military recruiters.

And based upon your lack of respect for our country it's hard to imagine that your kids would make very good soldiers anyway- better for them to sit back here and merely enjoy the freedoms won for us by those brave enough to stand up and fight in our name.

397673[/snapback]

You'd make an excellent Nazi.

According to AKC, since you didn't support the war in Iraq, you are a coward.  Do you agree?

397736[/snapback]

Why would he agree with something I never said? I stated very clearly that there are good and bad Americans, with the worst being almost exclusively cowards. You can be a great American and oppose the war, but the moment you take actions that hurt recruitment of the best to fight the war you become a bad American. And I find little in the life more cowardly than to hurt those who have chosen to fight by denying them the best to fight at their sides.

According to AKC, since you didn't support the war in Iraq, you are a coward.  Do you agree?

397736[/snapback]

Ah, that's pretty revisionist. You're correct when you say I didn't support the war before there were boots on the ground. If that makes me a coward in someone else's eyes, I'm OK with it. But that's not what Kurt said.

However, since the inception of the war I haven't criticized it because that's the ultimate in cowardice and aids the enemy, who clearly has zero chance of winning on the traditional battlefield but feeds off the negative energy created by political posturing by those desperate to be right about SOMETHING.

You'd make an excellent Nazi.

397739[/snapback]

And once again you find yourself on a baseless and unsupportable end of an argument:

My family has been represented in every action in the history of this nation. My father was granted a waiver to join at 17 years old to fight during WWII and my Uncle flew over 120 bombing missions during the war- all dropped on your buddies the Nazis. I've served my country as well and I realize how important the qualifications and skills of those in your unit can mean to your own well-being during wartime. And I'm disgusted by those who hurt recruiting- but I figure I've probably earned the right for that disgust. Please don't thank me for wearing the uniform to protect your right to do something disgusting, I'd rather kick somone's ass for burning an American flag than accept that as a appropriate expression of free speech. But then, I'm kinda' old fashioned that way ;-)

Ah, that's pretty revisionist.  You're correct when you say I didn't support the war before there were boots on the ground.  If that makes me a coward in someone else's eyes, I'm OK with it.  But that's not what Kurt said.

However, since the inception of the war I haven't criticized it because that's the ultimate in cowardice and aids the enemy, who clearly has zero chance of winning on the traditional battlefield but feeds off the negative energy created by political posturing by those desperate to be right about SOMETHING.

397744[/snapback]

I'm right about most things, but would be perfectly happy to be wrong about the Iraq war. I hope I am wrong. However, when your country embarks on a course of action that you believe to be wrong, it's cowardice to shut up and be silent about it

However, when your country embarks on a course of action that you believe to be wrong, it's cowardice to shut up and be silent about it

397757[/snapback]

How dare you paint the hundreds of thousands of patriotic citizens of this country who held their tongues during WWI and WWII and those who are doing it today, so that they do not hurt the efforts of those who ARE doing the fighting, as cowards. They prove their courage and willingness to sacrifice through their decision to control their feelings and every one of them is far more courageous than the whole body of big mouths who run down our troops and country at a time of war.

And once again you find yourself on a baseless and unsupportable end of an argument:

My family has been represented in every action in the history of this nation. My father was granted a waiver to join at 17 years old to fight during WWII and my Uncle flew over 120 bombing missions during the war- all dropped on your buddies the Nazis. I've served my country as well and I realize how important the qualifications and skills of those in your unit can mean to your own well-being during wartime. And I'm disgusted by those who hurt recruiting- but I figure I've probably earned the right for that disgust. Please don't thank me for wearing the uniform to protect your right to do something disgusting, I'd rather kick somone's ass for burning an American flag than accept that as a appropriate expression of free speech. But then, I'm kinda' old fashioned that way ;-)

397752[/snapback]

Obviously there's only one way to think in your AmeriKa, so discussion is pointless.

Well, THIS is certainly interesting. Always nice to get these perspectives. As the stoic Marcus Aurelius said, "The opinions of 10,000 men are worthless if none of them know anything about the subject".

Carry on.

How dare you paint the hundreds of thousands of patriotic citizens of this country who held their tongues during WWI and WWII and those who are doing it today, so that they do not hurt the efforts of those who ARE doing the fighting, as cowards. They prove their courage and willingness to sacrifice through their decision to control their feelings and every one of them is far more courageous than the whole body of big mouths who run down our troops and country at a time of war.

397763[/snapback]

See above reply.

They prove their courage and willingness to sacrifice through their decision to control their feelings and every one of them is far more courageous than the whole body of big mouths who run down our troops and country at a time of war.

397763[/snapback]

Just curious here, what big mouths have been running down our troops?

You write as if this is happening all the time. I have met many people who

have opposed politicians that got us into this, but I haven't heard anyone

speak badly about our soldiers. Of course strategies have been questioned, but for me, I don't think I have heard anyone bad-mouthing soldiers or questioning the integrity of people sent to this war apart from specific instances such as the fragging thing or that women at Abu Garaib. Who has been running down our troops?

Just curious here, what big mouths have been running down our troops?

You write as if this is happening all the time. I have met many people who

have opposed politicians that got us into this, but I haven't heard anyone

speak badly about our soldiers. Of course strategies have been questioned, but for me, I don't think I have heard anyone bad-mouthing soldiers or questioning the integrity of people sent to this war apart from specific instances such as the fragging thing or that women at Abu Garaib. Who has been running down our troops?

397783[/snapback]

When you've served in the military, you tend to have a shorter fuse for things like "shooting unarmed, injured enemy combatants", people saying "I want you to know our government is against this war" to a grieving relative of a fallen serviceman, comparing Islamofacists to our minutemen, comparing our servicemen at Gitmo to Nazis, running military recruiters off school campuses, etc. It's a cumulative thing, but there's no shortage of examples.

As Thomas Jefferson said: "So let's let 'em run the country!"

397775[/snapback]

God, I hope not. It's amazing how some people can come off all intelligent-like, firmly proving why they are correct, and really haven't gotten past the first two layers of any of it. This is the global strategic version of "Losman has happy feet - no he doesn't". I don't think anyone on the main board is coaching or managing any of that, but somehow the same folks can come over here and be experts in foreign policy and national strategy.

We collectively can't figure out a FOOTBALL TEAM, yet it's perfectly acceptable to have the answers for the world's problems here.

Interesting study in human nature.

God, I hope not. It's amazing how some people can come off all intelligent-like, firmly proving why they are correct, and really haven't gotten past the first two layers of any of it. This is the global strategic version of "Losman has happy feet - no he doesn't". I don't think anyone on the main board is coaching or managing any of that, but somehow the same folks can come over here and be experts in foreign policy and national strategy.

We collectively can't figure out a FOOTBALL TEAM, yet it's perfectly acceptable to have the answers for the world's problems here.

397799[/snapback]

I get the feeling you guys would be saying the same thing if we'd invaded Indonesia instead of Iraq.

I get the feeling you guys would be saying the same thing if we'd invaded Indonesia instead of Iraq.

397803[/snapback]

No, I wouldn't. Invading Indonesia doesn't make any sense. At least, not now.

And where did I become one of "you guys". I didn't offer anything one way or the other.

397799[/snapback]

Not a bad point. But for me, after living abroad for years, it was something about America that I missed and wanted to return to. Although, sometimes it is messier than a Rettata thread, it is nice that there are people with passion and opinions even if I don't agree and sometimes loath what I read.