What is the deal with John Bolton?

What is the main arguement against having John Bolton named US Ambassador to the UN?

is it because he is a meanie?

"The president has the right to make this recess appointment, but it's the wrong decision. It only diminishes John Bolton's validity and leverage to secure America's goals at the U.N. John Bolton has been rejected twice by the Senate to serve as our Ambassador to the United Nations. This is not the way to fill our most important diplomatic jobs." - Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass.

This isn't entirely true. When did the Senate vote to approve or disapprove?

Kofi seems to be really looking forward to working with Mr. Bolton.

"We look forward to working with him as I do with the other 190 ambassadors and we will welcome him at a time when we are in the midst of major reform. I think it is the president's prerogative, and the president has decided to appoint him through this process." - U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan

I think it is the president's prerogative, and the president has decided to appoint him through this process." - U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan

Sad state of affairs when Kofi Annan has a better grasp on the American political process than a lot of American congressmen and others do.

Sad state of affairs when Kofi Annan has a better grasp on the American political process than a lot of American congressmen and others do.

396960[/snapback]

This is the last guy on the planet that Annan wanted appointed to this post. Standby... because sh-- is going to get interesting in a hurry.