Just saw the replay of the TD on PrimeTime

ajzepp

1) It was a rookie receiver for the Jags

2) Reese was right there and could have easily made the play......

3) #23 and #27 were BEHIND the receiver in the endzone! What kind of positioning is that?

Sorry, I can handle it when a team just flat out beats us. But today we choked and my balls hurt because of it.

1) It was a rookie receiver for the Jags

2) Reese was right there and could have easily made the play......

3) #23 and #27 were BEHIND the receiver in the endzone!  What kind of positioning is that?

Sorry, I can handle it when a team just flat out beats us. But today we choked and my balls hurt because of it.

27980[/snapback]

Did you see how wide open Shelton was on 3rd and goal??? Bledsoe loked right at him then froze like a deer in the headlights and took a sack. THROW THE DAMN BALL TO THE OPEN GUY.....TD.....GAME OVER.....WE WIN!!!

Did you see how wide open Shelton was on 3rd and goal??? Bledsoe loked right at him then froze like a deer in the headlights and took a sack.  THROW THE DAMN BALL TO THE OPEN GUY.....TD.....GAME OVER.....WE WIN!!!

27987[/snapback]

Yeah, everyone was talking about it in the chat room, but that was the first time I saw the tape.....I guess Bledsoe realized it wasn't Moulds and decided not to throw it lol.....He needs to realize that we have other capable receivers.

Wow rayzer and ajzepp you are sure showing your intellegence. Sure the guy was open but bledsoe had 2 people in front of him. Bledsoe didn't have an open throwing lane to the FB. He could have thrown it high but then it would have given the defense time to react to it.

Bledsoe made the right play.

Don't even try and blame this lose on him.

Wow rayzer and ajzepp you are sure showing your intellegence.  Sure the guy was open but bledsoe had 2 people in front of him.  Bledsoe didn't have an open throwing lane to the FB.  He could have thrown it high but then it would have given the defense time to react to it. 

27997[/snapback]

Why do people have to take personal shots when the disagree? In my opinion, he could have lobbed the ball toward the left rear of the endzone....there were no other defensive players back there. You feel differently. Good for you....... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Why do people have to take personal shots when the disagree? In my opinion, he could have lobbed the ball toward the left rear of the endzone....there were no other defensive players back there. You feel differently. Good for you.......  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

28001[/snapback]

dude you must not have read that post because specifically explained why DB couldn't lob it

Wow rayzer and ajzepp you are sure showing your intellegence.  Sure the guy was open but bledsoe had 2 people in front of him.  Bledsoe didn't have an open throwing lane to the FB.  He could have thrown it high but then it would have given the defense time to react to it. 

27997[/snapback]

We are not blaming the loss on DB. Way too many other mistakes to try and do that. He could have easily lobbed the ball over the D and led Shelton to the corner before the D got there. If you noticed there was no one in front of Shelton and thats where a touch pass comes into play.

dude you must not have read that post because specifically explained why DB couldn't lob it

28003[/snapback]

I did read the post....and I disagree.....Bledsoe is 6'5".....and there was plenty of room between Bledsoe and the defenders when he first looked off Shelton. I just disagree with it......that okay with you? lol

What they didn't show on the TV view was that there was a defender behind Shelton in the endzone and a lob pass with no throwing lane would have proved a very strong risk for an interception. Taking the sack there was a good decision. People can look to three or 4 different plays in the game to blame the loss on if they want to and that can't really be argued, but ultimately it was 2 COMPLETE PRAYER passes that beat us today. It leaves a bad taste because we had the game won. It's really not a whole lot different than the Titan playoff game where our offense left the field with the lead and a miracle won it.

I did read the post....and I disagree.....Bledsoe is 6'5".....and there was plenty of room between Bledsoe and the defenders when he first looked off Shelton. I just disagree with it......that okay with you? lol

28007[/snapback]

Wow man, you're an idiot. Wait, I have been agreeing with you all along. I guess I'm an idiot too for having an opinion. :blink:;)

ok. thats cool. But with two really huge guys jumping at me (i'm 6'4) i still think that i would have had that passknocked down.

28010[/snapback]

There are way too many ways to look at this play. You could say that a batted down ball would have been better than taking a sack. Taking the sack could have resulted in a fumble. Attempting to hit DS could have resulted in an int, etc.

Just peoples different opinions, no one gets hurt by them. We are all armchair QBs.

What they didn't show on the TV view was that there was a defender behind Shelton in the endzone and a lob pass with no throwing lane would have proved a very strong risk for an interception. Taking the sack there was a good decision.

28011[/snapback]

You're right - they didn't show that on tv.....and if that's the case, then I think the sack was a good idea, too! :blink:

My original post was about the defense anyway.....and why I think that last TD was crap.

Wow man, you're an idiot.  Wait, I have been agreeing with you all along.  I guess I'm an idiot too for having an opinion.  :blink:  ;)

28012[/snapback]

lol.....I guess idiotic minds think alike :blink:

He could have thrown it high but then it would have given the defense time to react to it. 

27997[/snapback]

There were no defenders within 10 yards of Shelton, he could have lofted it up, the D would have reacted and they still wouldn't have been close to Shelton when he caught the TD pass...Drew played a pretty decent game, but that was a huge mistake.