What I saw & next week

Mark Vader

Was good, until the ending. I feel more sick than angry. I saw good things

1.Drew looked cool.

2.Our O-Line actually protected Drew. Lawrence Smith looks good.

3.Eric Moulds is in top form.

4.Mularkey made a good challenge.

5.Our defense created great pressure. Pierson Prioleau looked great on the blitz.

6.2 Interceptions.

7.Fewer penalties.

And I saw bad things.

1.Our Wr's fumbling.

2.Although the penalties were few, they all came very late in the game.

3.Missed 40 yd FG.

4.4th & 14.

5.The non-call on Jimmy Smith during 4th & 14.

6.A TD going between 3 of our defenders.

As bad as it feels now, I am not going to let this game keep me down all season.

I have been looking forward to next week's game for a long time. This will be my first of three games in watching the Bills live.

And now this game against the Raiders is a huge gut check for two teams, who lost their games in the last seconds.

Now which team will want it more?

I will be at the Coliseum with all the other Bills fans, screaming my heart out. Never give up.

GO BILLS!!!!!

1.Drew looked cool.

=================

great post.

But, of course, I got to pick out the things i don't agree with.

And I don't agree with this one.

He still seems way too jumpy back there.

27871[/snapback]

c'mon now....Drew looked good....Bottom line our Recievers(Moulds too) let us down with there fumbles and *KEY* dropped passes....Its a shame we lost this game but Drew should get no blame here...

the bills absolutely HAVE to beat the raiders next week. We don't want to be 0-2 going into the Pats game. 0-3 would be really tough for this team to handle. While I was impressed by the D, the Jags O was struggling all preseason, so I"m not going to get ahead of myself. While our offense looked better in some ways, the one thing that has plagued us for years has persisted: we beat ourselves with penalties at the WORST POSSIBLE MOMENTS. We drop balls at the WORST POSSIBLE MOMENT. our WRs fumble at the ETC.

Beating Oneself,

By the Buffalo Bills

c'mon now....Drew looked good....Bottom line our Recievers(Moulds too) let us down with there fumbles and *KEY* dropped passes....Its a shame we lost this game but Drew should get no blame here...

27884[/snapback]

Drew was decent. I just wish they coaches let him go deep once or twice anyways. He never looked deep ONCE. What is up with that?? I know they are trying to get the ball out of his hands quick, but come on, you need the deep ball occasionally.

1.Drew looked cool.

=================

great post.

But, of course, I got to pick out the things i don't agree with.

And I don't agree with this one.

He still seems way too jumpy back there.

27871[/snapback]

Look...I give Drew credit, and I almost never do so. He is doing the best he can while being asked to run an Offense that simply does not match his skill level. I think Drew would be awesome in a Joe Gibbs Offensive system. He would get max protection on almost every Passing Down, and he could take advantage of that huge arm of his...

If anyone needs proof that Drew is nothing more than a sqare peg being crammed into a round hole in this Offensive system, simply look at the QB the Bills gave up next years #1 Pick for. JP is a QB who can make plays with his legs, and he was hand picked for this Offensive system. In the meantime the Bills will try to get by with Drew, and at times he will play very well. But most of the time I think it will be much like what you saw today. Drew is limited, and I just don't see where this Offense plays to his strengths, and even worse they don't have the O-Line to dominate in the Running Game. So, at least for the 2004 Season, this is what it is. And I don't think it's any coincidence this Starting O-Line scored one Offensive TD in the Pre Season...Like I said, it is what it is...

"Beating Oneself" sounds like a self-help, onanistic product produced by perverts!

27892[/snapback]

Exactly, I am sick and tired of that phrase.So here is the remedy since they are always beating themselves they are going to stop playing opponents and play with themselves that why they can "beat temselves" or beat something however by playing with them selves they will also be the winner.

So tell me what good is Moulds catch in the wide open for a TD when he cant hang on to the ball when it counts? :blink:

My thoughts on the game:

- Overall a great effort by the Defense but we were unable to get pressure from the edges unless we brought a safety or LB on a blitz. Wire is a liability in coverage as he shows over and over. Cant wait for the Lawyer's return.

- Bledsoe and the offensive line looked sharp although pass plays were at a minimum today, the line blocked well and gave him time.

- Lateral pass play to Moulds never works for any team and should be tossed out of the playbook.

- Decision to punt on 4 and 1 in Jags territory in the 4th was a bad call but consistant with the conservative game Mularkey's staff called all game, PLAY TO WIN or PLAY TO NOT LOSE is the question in that situation and the Bills went with the latter.

- Although we ran the ball well against probably the best line we'll see all year, the Jags continually brought eight people up to fill gaps on Travis...we need to take more shots down field on play action against 1 on 1 coverage.

- Conservative offensive game plan was supposed to take pressure off the defense but did quite the opposite in the 2nd half. Bottom line is we need to come away with a score when we're in opponent's territory.

I think Buffalo will have a fine season, the Jags are an excellent football team, but this was a tough one to lose no doubt. I look for Buffalo to come out big against the raiders. see you next week.

tim in orlando