Kelly on the O-line

Mickey

Running quick-developing plays along with good snap-count technique is a good way to help out line deficiencies.

393626[/snapback]

Yes, but so is signing good lineman. It is a long season, McNally will have plenty of time to get somebody at LT who can get the job done.

Funny, I don't remember having an All Pro at left tackle last year.  I may be the only one that thinks this, but IMHO, JJ was an average Lineman who was hurt half the time.  Why anyone would pay that much money for him, kills me.  If Gandy is just average at the position we'll be fine.

393587[/snapback]

About time someone realized that Jonas Jennings was not a great LT. Besides being hurt quite a bit, I would like to see a stat that shows sacks allowed lineman. my money would be on JJ at the top of the list.

Everyone thinks JP is going to suffer as a Rookie QB. However he has more going for him than Big Ben did. First, he has had afull year to learn the system before going in cold. Second, field position is almost everything. Our defense and ST's playing at their potential should produce many short fields allowing plenty of short drives and limitations on the other teams D as to what they can do.

Gandy doesn't have to be All-Pro.

About time someone realized that Jonas Jennings was not a great LT. Besides being hurt quite a bit, I would like to see a stat that shows sacks allowed lineman. my money would be on JJ at the top of the list.

Everyone thinks JP is going to suffer as a Rookie QB. However he has more going for him than Big Ben did. First, he has had afull year to learn the system before going in cold. Second, field position is almost everything. Our defense and ST's playing at their potential should produce many short fields allowing plenty of short drives and limitations on the other teams D as to what they can do.

Gandy doesn't have to be All-Pro.

393692[/snapback]

I hope you are right but I am far from confident that our offensive line problems are behind us. I think JJ is better than you are giving him credit for but the fact is he is gone. Gandy needs to be good, not an all pro. I don't think you can have a stiff at LT.

I don’t think that is the case anymore.  At one time it was, but I think we have moved past the era of the ultra-dominate RDE and the ultra-dominate LT doing battle week after week.

While it does remain the QB's blind side, I would suggest Center as being more important these days to help defend those more important DT's, call the blocking schemes, and provide that middle push for the running game.

393202[/snapback]

On paper, in the offseason, it always looks easy to cover up a weakness, but the Bills are going to be overmatched by opposing RDE's. Nothing they can do about that, IMO. Clements and McNally are basically going to have to come up with gameplans to take guys like John Abraham and Jason Taylor out of the game.

On paper, in the offseason, it always looks easy to cover up a weakness, but the Bills are going to be overmatched by opposing RDE's.  Nothing they can do about that, IMO.  Clements and McNally are basically going to have to come up with gameplans to take guys like John Abraham and Jason Taylor out of the game.

393817[/snapback]

since they will have to specifically game plan for the LT anyway, don;t be surprised if Jason Peters plays sooner than expected since he is much better suited physically to match up with elite DEs.