Taking My Boys to the Ralph

I was taking the family to the Zoo today, and stopped by to get some tickets. I took my 5 year old and six year old in to see the trophy case before hitting the ticket office. All of the sudden they were as excited as could be. "I can't belive we get to go to a Bills game!". So I left with 4 tickets instead of 2, and they have been talking about it all day. Since I'm taking youngsters I opted for tix in the Tops Family Section. The seats are for the Dec. 17th game vs. Denver. Have any of you ever been in the family section? Is there any reason I shouldn't take (by then) 6 and 7 yr. old boys? It's a change of pace for me. Usually I find myself in the scoreboard endzone.

The hardest part now is the five month wait!

Also I would be interested in any TSW tailgates that might take place that afternoon.

I was taking the family to the Zoo today, and stopped by to get some tickets.  I took my 5 year old and six year old in to see the trophy case before hitting the ticket office.  All of the sudden they were as excited as could be.  "I can't belive we get to go to a Bills game!".  So I left with 4 tickets instead of 2, and they have been talking about it all day.  Since I'm taking youngsters I opted for tix in the Tops Family Section.  The seats are for the Dec. 17th game vs. Denver.  Have any of you ever been in the family section?  Is there any reason I shouldn't take (by then)  6 and 7 yr. old boys?  It's a change of pace for me.  Usually I find myself in the scoreboard endzone.

Also I would be interested in any TSW tailgates that might take place that afternoon.

391019[/snapback]

Brother, Im taking my five and six year old to the Dolphins game, and we are up in the corner of the upper deck. Now i know NO ONE every drinks there, or curses, or acts like anything but a refined gentleman in that part of the stadium. But eh, they will have a long talking to before going in that they may hear some words that are not nice and are not repeatable, with most of them coming out of Daddys mouth.

I think it will be fine, even paying one of the older kids going with us(family reunion of sorts, 23 in total) to take em to the head when need be. I mean we are in the top three rows of the upper deck and im gettin old.

But my kids are just PUMPED, even marking the days off the calendar at home . Think they might be just as excited bout the airplane ride, and the tailgate with unlimited hotdogs and maybe even some soda has got the boy ready to roll

I was taking the family to the Zoo today, and stopped by to get some tickets.  I took my 5 year old and six year old in to see the trophy case before hitting the ticket office.  All of the sudden they were as excited as could be.  "I can't belive we get to go to a Bills game!".  So I left with 4 tickets instead of 2, and they have been talking about it all day.  Since I'm taking youngsters I opted for tix in the Tops Family Section.  The seats are for the Dec. 17th game vs. Denver.  Have any of you ever been in the family section?  Is there any reason I shouldn't take (by then)  6 and 7 yr. old boys?  It's a change of pace for me.  Usually I find myself in the scoreboard endzone.

391019[/snapback]

Cool. My brother and I will be there. I hope we get a chance to meet you guys.

391019[/snapback]

I have season tickets in the Family Zone - with daughters it's a little safer than the upper deck or the end zone. Nothing to worry about, the boys will have a blast.

The only caveat - if you want to enjoy a beer in the stadium you can't do it at your seat in the family section (that'll save you some money 0:) )

The only things I can think of that would be problems would be the cold and the time...seems like an afternoon game would be better, but that's just me. Did they sit through full games last season on TV? Curious as to how their attention span would be, and how much time you'll get to watch the game versus pulling them down from the railing, etc...

The only things I can think of that would be problems would be the cold and the time...seems like an afternoon game would be better, but that's just me.  Did they sit through full games last season on TV?  Curious as to how their attention span would be, and how much time you'll get to watch the game versus pulling them down from the railing, etc...

391283[/snapback]

Can only speak for my kids, but they can sit for about a half when on the tube, even with me whizzing past the commercials. However(in my best Syephan A Smith voice) going to a live event is another animal. They sit through whole baseball games and hockey games with no issues, other than wanting some ice cream, soda, or popcorn.

The atmosphere of the Ralph should keep them interested the whole game is my guess

The only things I can think of that would be problems would be the cold and the time...seems like an afternoon game would be better, but that's just me.  Did they sit through full games last season on TV?  Curious as to how their attention span would be, and how much time you'll get to watch the game versus pulling them down from the railing, etc...

391283[/snapback]

Can only speak for my kids, but they can sit for about a half when on the tube, even with me whizzing past the commercials. However(in my best Syephan A Smith voice) going to a live event is another animal. They sit through whole baseball games and hockey games with no issues, other than wanting some ice cream, soda, or popcorn.

The atmosphere of the Ralph should keep them interested the whole game is my guess

I think it will be fine, even paying one of the older kids going with us(family reunion of sorts, 23 in total) to take em to the head when need be. I mean we are in the top three rows of the upper deck and im gettin old.

391111[/snapback]

The good news is that during the renovation a few years back, they installed restrooms at the top of the upper deck, so you are actually pretty damn close for those bathroom breaks.

The good news is that during the renovation a few years back, they installed restrooms at the top of the upper deck, so you are actually pretty damn close for those bathroom breaks.

391325[/snapback]

Wow, I didn't know that, that is very cool and a great idea!!! Thx blue

0:)

391283[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

You could take them over to the Pinto to see the ketchup and mustard throwing! Little kids seem to really enjoy that. Just keep them away from the bowling ball.

391244[/snapback]

Why? Little kids seem to love that as well.