Pentagon Wants to Raise Recruitment Age

So the Pentagon is looking at raising the recruitment age to improve its dismal numbers. 

Pretty soon, these folks may get their wish. :unsure:

388343[/snapback]

And your point?

Big picture, Debbie. Deep thoughts. Pool of available applicants is down, Dems want to increase Army by 40,000, economy isn't bad and there are plenty of 40-50 something reservists already serving in theater. Plus, it's a techie military. Not everyone is kicking doors down and machine gunning babies.

And your point?

Big picture, Debbie. Deep thoughts. Pool of available applicants is down, Dems want to increase Army by 40,000, economy isn't bad and there are plenty of 40-50 something reservists already serving in theater. Plus, it's a techie military. Not everyone is kicking doors down and machine gunning babies.

388450[/snapback]

Check the lost & found for your sense of humor my friend. I did click a smilie when I started the topic but it doesn't appear to be there. Nevertheless you're smart enough to recognize humor without having to be told.... :unsure:

Check the lost & found for your sense of humor my friend.  I did click a smilie when I started the topic but it doesn't appear to be there.  Nevertheless you're smart enough to recognize humor without having to be told.... :unsure:

388482[/snapback]

I never read the links. My bad. Why bother?

Check the lost & found for your sense of humor my friend.  I did click a smilie when I started the topic but it doesn't appear to be there.  Nevertheless you're smart enough to recognize humor without having to be told.... :unsure:

388482[/snapback]

So, we have a thing while Daddy's away?

Hmmm. Might have to get off the public board.

(For all the rest of you, Debbie's REALLY hot)

388482[/snapback]

Why not just screw with you and be obstinant for shiits and giggles?

Evil, evil woman?

So the Pentagon is looking at raising the recruitment age to improve its dismal numbers. 

Pretty soon, these folks may get their wish. 0:)

388343[/snapback]

FYI, this article is wrong. The age increase only applies to Reserves and National Guard, not to Active Duty.

FYI, this article is wrong.  The age increase only applies to Reserves and National Guard, not to Active Duty.

390961[/snapback]

So I would take it that you can retire at 62. Damn that sucks as we lost a few folks (senior enlisted) in my unit because they were approching sixty. They could pass the PRT, but the age thing handcuffed them.

I would probably say if it goes to 42... Then the draft age would be that?

??? More questions for everyone.

0:)  And smilies

390977[/snapback]

This doesn't apply to Acitve Duty (yet) so it wouldn't affect the draft age. However, I would be shocked if any sort of draft were instituted any time soon. The government will just keep increasing bonuses and benefits to meet goals. This is not the first time the military has had recruiting issues nor is it the worst, but if you read mainstream press you'd think so. Kind of like when they jumped all over stop loss, which has been around forever and used frequently like during Gulf I.