ICE - not the prolific poster

This was forwarded to me, and it sounds a really good idea - especially given last week's events.

East Anglian Ambulance Service has launched a national "In case of Emergency (ICE)" campaign with the support of Falkland's war hero Simon Weston and in association with Vodafone's annual life savers award.

The idea is that you store the word "ICE" in your mobile phone address book, and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be contacted "In Case of Emergency".

In an emergency situation, ambulance and hospital staff will then be able to quickly find out who your next of kin are and be able to contact them.

It's so simple - everyone can do it. Please do. Please also forward this to everybody in your address book; it won't take too many 'forwards' before everybody knows about it (indeed, it got a mention on Radio 4 this morning).

It really could save your life.

In an emergency situation, ambulance and hospital staff will then be able to quickly find out who your next of kin are and be able to contact them.

379456[/snapback]

If they're finding my next of kin, then aren't I already dead? <_<

CW

If they're finding my next of kin, then aren't I already dead?  <_<

CW

379481[/snapback]

:P

Or unconcious... Or not able to communicate... Or so severely injured that they don't have time to quiz you about who your NOK is, they just start doing stuff and then think about contacts later...

<_<

Or unconcious... Or not able to communicate... Or so severely injured that they don't have time to quiz you about who your NOK is, they just start doing stuff and then think about contacts later...

379484[/snapback]

Ahh. In the US (or maybe just in my neck of the world), whenever you talk about contacting the next of kin, you're alerady dead. Otherwise, you're just trying to find a family member. :P

Similar to the word casualties meaning "dead" being different between the countries. :D

CW

Ahh.  In the US (or maybe just in my neck of the world), whenever you talk about contacting the next of kin, you're alerady dead.  Otherwise, you're just trying to find a family member. <_<

Similar to the word casualties meaning "dead" being different between the countries. :P

CW

379489[/snapback]

So over there if you are a casualty you need to have your NOK contacted?

This was forwarded to me, and it sounds a really good idea - especially given last week's events.

East Anglian Ambulance Service has launched a national "In case of Emergency (ICE)" campaign with the support of Falkland's war hero Simon Weston and in association with Vodafone's annual life savers award.

The idea is that you store the word "ICE" in your mobile phone address book, and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be contacted "In Case of Emergency".

It's so simple - everyone can do it. Please do. Please also forward this to everybody in your address book; it won't take too many 'forwards' before everybody knows about it (indeed, it got a mention on Radio 4 this morning).

379456[/snapback]

Geez...I knew ICE thought he was our savior...but now to have it codified in a public service announcement... <_<

Check out the hook while my DJ performs it.

379578[/snapback]

I did karaoke the other day and they had the lyric as

Sheck up the hook while my dee shay preforms it. <_<

Don't the Japanese KNOW Ice Ice Baby by heart?? Cos I sure do...

Word to your mother....

I did karaoke the other day and they had the lyric as

Sheck up the hook while my dee shay preforms it.  :wacko:

Don't the Japanese KNOW Ice Ice Baby by heart?? Cos I sure do...

Word to your mother....

379582[/snapback]

I hate to admit knowing this, but, dee shay was his dj's name.