Rosenhaus at it again ...

Drew at it again :devil:

"Agent Drew Rosenhaus has another new Green Bay client. And that means Packers officials have another veteran player seeking a new contract.

Rosenhaus confirmed Tuesday that he has been retained by starting defensive tackle Grady Jackson, who joins wide receiver Javon Walker and tailback Najeh Davenport as Packers players who have joined his burgeoning stable during the offseason. And the ubiquitous Rosenhaus said that Jackson, who is entering the final season of a two-year, $2.3 million contract he signed late in 2003, is seeking a contract extension.

"We talked to the Packers people [Tuesday]," said Rosenhaus, "and the information we got from them was not encouraging at this point. But I'm always an optimist, so we'll see what happens. But the current situation doesn't work."

It is likely that, without an extension, Jackson will not report for the start of training camp on July 29. Walker, who has skipped all of the team's offseason program, probably will miss the beginning of camp as well. Davenport, who signed the one-year restricted free agent qualifying offer earlier in the offseason, is expected to report. "

... if Willis has a decent year this year, things will get very interesting next year. For all of you who think that TD is the "anti-Christ", what does that make Rosenhaus?? ;-)

I think it make Rosenhaus impressive in that he seems to be quite effective in representing the interests of his clients. It amazes me that folks seem to want to let the player off the hook and blame Rosenhaus for holdouts and renegotiations when it is the player who is the employer calling the shots. Rosenhaus strikes me as merely a tool that players choose to use because he has demonstrated with is tireless work and even lying for WM that he does a good job at doing what the client wants him to do.

If WM holds out it is not on Rosenhaus from my perspective it is on WM and it is his answer to TD and the Bills taking a risk on him.

Not sure this needs an OT thread, it is football related...

377687[/snapback]

Sorry ... I got told once (in no uncertain terms) that any non-BILLS topic should be labeled OT ... and this is only tangentially related to the Bills ....

Sorry ... I got told once (in no uncertain terms) that any non-BILLS topic should be labeled OT ... and this is only tangentially related to the Bills ....

377694[/snapback]

You may be right, I didn't make the rules and don't feel like reading them now, but it seems close enough to me, consider 1/2 the front page isn't even about football.

I once saw a story about Thurman Thomas labeled off topic. If Thurm is not Bills-related, I don't know what is.

Does anybody holding out or threatening to hold out not have Drew as his agent?

You know, most players entering the final year of their contract generally try to get an extension before the current contract expires...I wouldn't tag this one on Rosenhaus.

I think when teams are considering signing players thru the draft or free agency they may want to consider how many years they will actually play under a contract if Drew is the agent. The guy is poison but players are also to blame if they don't honer a signed contract. I'm sure owners wish he would find another profession. :devil:

While I think Rosenhaus is a jackass who is bad for football, I think it is the player unhappy with his contract who seeks him out. He is just a symptom and not the disease.