OT Live 8

Just got back from the Canadian version of Live 8 in Barrie, Ontario......streamed performances from concerts all over the world to coincide with our own live performances, and neil young blew the house off with "rockin in the free world". What a day!!!!! :devil:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the Canadian version of Live 8 in Barrie, Ontario......streamed performances from concerts all over the world to coincide with our own live performances, and neil young blew the house off with "rockin in the free world". What a day!!!!!  :devil:

373856[/snapback]

How was Barenaked Ladies?

THE FLOYD IS OFFICIALLY BACK!!!!

373757[/snapback]

Big deal ~ I have seen Pink Floyd live twice without Roger Waters and they were great. Dave runs that band and has for years. Pink Floyd will go on without Waters in the future. This is a one shot deal.

I'm glad you enjoyed it ~

Big deal ~ I have seen Pink Floyd live twice without Roger Waters and they were great.  Dave runs that band and has for years.  Pink Floyd will go on without Waters in the future.  This is a one shot deal.

I'm glad you enjoyed it ~

373977[/snapback]

Unfortunately, I agree with you. Pink Floyd has proven that they don't need Roger Waters to sell out stadiums. They are fine without him, however much you and I want it to happen.

I also agree that the coverage by both VH1 and MTV were the absolute worst thing I have ever had to watch. I was at my girlfriend's parent's house and they only have dialup, which made internet impossible for me. A typical segment would be for the peanut gallery to talk to someone in the crowd (oh boy, let's get the 15 year old perspective), then show a thirty second clip of a band, and cut away. They also did a fair amount of showing the stage for the last 12 seconds of each act's performance. Pitifull....

Gotta chime in. The best way for me to get Live 8 was through my satellite Radio. Both XM and Sirius carried it, and that allowed you to jump between acts. While a new group was setting up the stage, they took you elsewhere to listen to something new. And with 6 channels broadcasting they hardly missed anything. I hear Boccelli in Paris, and Floys in London, BNL in Barrie and .. god so much. MTV dropped the ball on what should have been a great day of music. ABC's coverage that night was better.

Gotta chime in. The best way for me to get Live 8 was through my satellite Radio. Both XM and Sirius carried it, and that allowed you to jump between acts. While a new group was setting up the stage,  they took you elsewhere to listen to something new. And with 6 channels broadcasting they hardly missed anything. I hear Boccelli in Paris, and Floys in London, BNL in Barrie and .. god so much. MTV dropped the ball on what should have been a great day of music. ABC's coverage that night was better.

374841[/snapback]

You are so right about MTV. I remember how great their coverage was with Live Aid. I was glued to the TV for the entire day. This time, I am glad that I have a DVR. I did not have to waste my time watching MTV's horrible coverage. They did not show everthing and they kept on interrupting songs etc. I was also happy to be able to skip through the groups that I had no interest in watching.

I also noticed that the director did a terrible job with his camera choices and cuts, but that is a matter of taste.

All in all, it was a far cry from twenty years ago.