Government Hits One-Day Tax Revenue High

I particularly like how all democrats have avoided this thread...

361216[/snapback]

What's to avoid? The government is taxing the hell out of the corporations to pay down debt. You chose an odd subject to pick a fight with. I say tax'em, then tax'em some more. :devil:

What's to avoid?  The government is taxing the hell out of the corporations to pay down debt.  You chose an odd subject to pick a fight with.  I say tax'em, then tax'em some more.  :devil:

361240[/snapback]

Corporations don't pay taxes, they just pass the costs along to the consumer...

What's to avoid? The government is taxing the hell out of the corporations to pay down debt. You chose an odd subject to pick a fight with. I say tax'em, then tax'em some more. :devil:

If "taxing the hell out of corporations" means giving them a tax cut, then i guess you are correct. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A54128-2004Oct22.html)

As far as corporations not paying taxes...think again. they pay taxes on profits. yes, any and all costs ultimatly come back to the consumer, but they do pay taxes.

The reason i brought this up was because many many people on this board and elsewhere chastized president Bush for cutting taxes. Saying things like 'it will increase the defecit" and "it will decrease revenue" and "tax cuts for the rich" and the like...this article proves those things to be false. President Bush, like president Reagan before him, cut taxes and increased revenue at the same time. It can be done.

Truer words were never spoken.

Taxation NEVER hurts the big guy. It ALWAYS hurts the little guy.

361311[/snapback]

I was listening to Ed somebody on "Err Moronica" today and he announced that if they repealed the Bush Tax Cut they could keep Social Security solvent longer. All the tards in the audience cheered. People are amazingly stupid when grouped. :devil:

I was listening to Ed somebody on "Err Moronica" today and he announced that if they repealed the Bush Tax Cut they could keep Social Security solvent longer.  All the tards in the audience cheered.  People are amazingly stupid when grouped.  :devil:

361364[/snapback]

so are sheep, cows, chickens, turkeys and pigs.

I was listening to Ed somebody on "Err Moronica" today and he announced that if they repealed the Bush Tax Cut they could keep Social Security solvent longer. All the tards in the audience cheered. People are amazingly stupid when grouped. :devil:

Thats why I posted this....to help drive home the point that lowering taxes can increase revenue if we are over taxed. This is what happeneed here. Bush did the right thing (in this case). This is tangible proof of that.

I was listening to Ed somebody on "Err Moronica" today and he announced that if they repealed the Bush Tax Cut they could keep Social Security solvent longer.  All the tards in the audience cheered.  People are amazingly stupid when grouped.  :doh:

361364[/snapback]

I had no idea Bush made cuts to Social Security taxes...

:devil::doh::lol:;):doh:

I was listening to Ed somebody on "Err Moronica" today and he announced that if they repealed the Bush Tax Cut they could keep Social Security solvent longer.  All the tards in the audience cheered.  People are amazingly stupid when grouped.  :devil:

361364[/snapback]

sarcasm

"Damn, I was hoping my check wouldnt get taxed any more than it already is."

( loads 38, puts 1 in the chamber, holds to head, fires........................

I particularly like how all democrats have avoided this thread...

361216[/snapback]

What? The Republicans should be so proud that on their watch, they've taxed Americans more than any other administration? How do you see this as some sort of good news?

Instead, you're happy that the economy has done well so that the government could sap more out of it.

BRA-freakin'-VO.

What? The Republicans should be so proud that on their watch, they've taxed Americans more than any other administration? How do you see this as some sort of good news?

Instead, you're happy that the economy has done well so that the government could sap more out of it.

BRA-freakin'-VO.

361451[/snapback]

The next administration will have taxed more than the privious one is pretty much a given. Or for that matter the one before it. Am I wrong?

BRA-freakin'-VO.

Yes, I am happy that the economy is doing so well. It is doing so well in large part because of the tax cuts. The booming economy causes people to make more money and therefore pay more (nominally) in taxes, even at a reduced rate. There is no way to spin that into being a bad thing. I would rather make 1,000,000 per year and pay 300k in taxes than 30k a year and 9k in taxes, even though with the 1M$ salary I pay 291k more in taxes. I know that is an extreme case, but you get my point (i hope).

So...despite the fact that the tax rate is greatly reduced. Despite the fact that the economy is improving, and people are making more money, you still insist that people are taxed more than ever. What would you recommend we do then? Cut taxes and increase revenue again?

The bottom line is that somewhere there is a tax rate that maximizes revenues. We cut taxes and revenue went up. Lets cut taxes some more!

Yes, I am happy that the economy is doing so well.  It is doing so well in large part because of the tax cuts.  The booming economy causes people to make more money and therefore pay more (nominally) in taxes, even at a reduced rate. There is no way to spin that into being a bad thing.  I would rather make 1,000,000 per year and pay 300k in taxes than 30k a year and 9k in taxes, even though with the 1M$ salary I pay 291k more in taxes.  I know that is an extreme case, but you get my point (i hope).

So...despite the fact that the tax rate is greatly reduced.  Despite the fact that the economy is improving, and people are making more money, you still insist that people are taxed more than ever.  What would you recommend we do then?  Cut taxes and increase revenue again?

The bottom line is that somewhere there is a tax rate that maximizes revenues.  We cut taxes and revenue went up.  Lets cut taxes some more!

361531[/snapback]

I've just got this crazy obsession with cutting spending, and am not so excited that the government has MORE to spend.

I've just got this crazy obsession with cutting spending, and am not so excited that the government has MORE to spend.

361561[/snapback]

Oh. Dont get me wrong. I am very displeased with the spending of this administration (and ones before it). We spend WAY more than we should. Government is too big and too powerful. As reagan said, government is not the solution, government is the problem. But at some point cutting taxes will lower revenue. The fact that we cut taxes and raised revenue means that we are still drastically over taxed, and need to lowere the tax rate further to find that inflection point. Once the inflection point is found we can continue lowering taxes (and thus revenue) until we reach a comfortable point of government spending.