2024 MS Walks - May 19 - Canandaigua, NY

rockpile

It's time for my annual request of my friends at Two Bills Drive to sponsor me in a fund raiser to benefit the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.

I do not post a lot anymore, but I have been lurking since day one of this web site. 

I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH MS THIRTY YEARS AGO!

Many of you know I was diagnosed with MS way back in 1994, but thanks to advances in treatment that get better each year, I can live a relatively normal life. There was a time when a diagnosis of MS meant getting measured for a wheelchair, but things have greatly advanced since then

Since 2003 we have raised about $26,500 thanks to YOU! We are hoping to reach $28K this year. 

As of today, we have been sponsored for over $1,000 as a team.

I would estimate that TBD has been responsible for close to 75% of the funds raised in the past.

Please support me by clicking on FAMILY ROCKS!!

Any amount helps! 

100% of your donation goes to the MS Society.

God Bless and Thank you all!

Rockpile

I’m really happy to hear that treatment has improved that much. My mother was diagnosed back in the 60’s and it was a dark part of our family history. She really did have something wrong with her, but it wasn’t MS. Still, the initial diagnosis truly freaked her out from what I hear. Nice to learn the research is paying off. 

17 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m really happy to hear that treatment has improved that much. My mother was diagnosed back in the 60’s and it was a dark part of our family history. She really did have something wrong with her, but it wasn’t MS. Still, the initial diagnosis truly freaked her out from what I hear. Nice to learn the research is paying off. 

It freaked me out when I was diagnosed in the 90's. I remembered being a kid seeing an adult who was really suffering from the effects of MS. 

At first I thought my life was over - and I still had four kids at home. I was lucky there was a treatment for my type of MS, that mostly slowed me down. I would periodically get an "attack" but they would hit me with IV steroids and Prednisone to put it back in remission.

• Like (+1) 1

image.png.ab37b8ab5471641ca0ae52719d8b3c1c.png 

This is Gianna and me getting ready to do the MS walk several years ago. She is 9 years old now and will be with us at the MS Walk again!

• Awesome! (+1) 1