John Oliver just offered Clarence Thomas $1mil/year to retire from the SCOTUS

16 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Rofl! Hmmm, ratings eh?

You may not comprehend but being the only conservative late night voice for humor might give a bit of an edge there no?  My examples actually have competition.

Yeah,ratings.  An objective view of who is tuning in.  Versus the subjective "he's funner than him."

And ColberT is the only true competition since his shtick was based on political humor while the others mainly bash Repubs in their opening monologues and then turn to celeb interviews, skits and musical performances.  Although I have never watched ColberT so I don't know how much of his show is based on politics.

The funniest part about Oliver is seeing him go spastic during his rants. 

Edited by Doc

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah,ratings.  An objective view of who is tuning in.  Versus the subjective "he's funner than him."

And ColberT is the only true competition since his shtick was based on political humor while the others mainly bash Repubs in their opening monologues and then turn to celeb interviews, skits and musical performances.  Although I have never watched ColberT so I don't know how much of his show is based on politics.

The funniest part about Oliver is seeing him go spastic during his rants. 

28 emmys.   This isn't really a debate.   Comparing hbo vs fox.  You just don't like it because he often points out hard truths you would never accept. 

Its not always funny but they hit the mark enough.   They pick good topics often too.  If you weren't close minded and had an iota of humor you'd like it.

5 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

28 emmys.   This isn't really a debate.   Comparing hbo vs fox.  You just don't like it because he often points out hard truths you would never accept. 

Its not always funny but they hit the mark enough.   They pick good topics often too.  If you weren't close minded and had an iota of humor you'd like it.

Right.  What did Johnny say about the cocaine found in the White House?  How about who is responsible for the crisis at the border?  What about the revelation that Joke knew he had classified material in his house and shared it with his ghost writer?