Don't Mess With Gen X !! LMAO !!! Nailed it ...

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

maybe you need to relocate to Mississippi or Louisiana or Alabama where corporal punishment is accepted.  Those states do so well in education and income metrics, after all...

Sounds more to me like you need to grow a set of balls or maybe they just haven't dropped yet !!

Just by your statement you can tell your a big part of the problem and your parents must have taken away your toy or put you in time out probably because you were so precious you never got the discipline you deserved because you were mommies favorite .

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I blame the parents.  Most of them have worked 24/7 to protect their kids from any and all adversity and consequences which leaves them ill-equipped to handle the responsibilities of adult life.  I feel sorry for them if for no other reason that by the time they're 15 years old they've probably spent no more than 15 minutes being unsupervised or monitored by an adult. 

Add in getting hauled around and enrolled in all kinds of activities so their parents can have socialization opportunities with other parents to commiserate about how hard it is to be a parent.  Add it all up and its no picnic. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, T master said:

Sounds more to me like you need to grow a set of balls or maybe they just haven't dropped yet !!

Just by your statement you can tell your a big part of the problem and your parents must have taken away your toy or put you in time out probably because you were so precious you never got the discipline you deserved because you were mommies favorite .

nope.  I was spanked, had my face slapped, had my knuckles whacked (by nuns), paddled by a gym teacher, paddled in hazing etc.  Don't believe it made me a better person.  I do find it interesting however that the 19 states that allow corporal punishment are all red states with some of the lowest income and education metrics.  Do you think that's coincidence?

• Eyeroll 1

26 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

nope.  I was spanked, had my face slapped, had my knuckles whacked (by nuns), paddled by a gym teacher, paddled in hazing etc.  Don't believe it made me a better person.  I do find it interesting however that the 19 states that allow corporal punishment are all red states with some of the lowest income and education metrics.  Do you think that's coincidence?

Well either you were a little bastard when you were a kid & deserved what you got or very misunderstood not sure which pertains to you . My parents agree'd to NEVER hit us kids in the head area but my dad busted my ass when i needed it & it did make me a better person it taught me about consequences for my actions !!

I personally think the corporal punishment thing has nothing to do with lower education, i think it is a direct correlation with consequences for a persons actions & that the punishment should fit the crime . IMHO Charles Manson should have been put to death AS LONG AS they had indisputable proof that he was the master mind in the crimes he had those people commit, he was of the same mind as Hitler those types don't deserve to be coddled in a prison for the rest of their life and those that follow the law having to foot the bill .

I feel that if a lot of these people that commit these heinous just absolutely despicable crimes like Manson or serial killers like a Jeffery Dahmer shouldn't be allowed to enjoy life after what they have put other innocent people through & have others pay for them to have a better life than say someone much less fortunate !

Lets give the money that they spend on keeping those scum bags alive and give a room to a homeless veteran that fought for our country & pay for their health insurance I would much rather do that then keeping them all nice a cozy . Or put that money towards some one that is less fortunate that needs help due to a lessor mental capacity to have a warm bed, or help the disabled that were born with debilitating diseases instead of those that can't see what they did as wrong .

But hey i guess i'm just a hard ass & according to you look at things much different than most but i'll take that criticism  all day long and will have NO trouble sleeping at night & will et my god be my judge when my time comes !! 

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, T master said:

Well either you were a little bastard when you were a kid & deserved what you got or very misunderstood not sure which pertains to you . My parents agree'd to NEVER hit us kids in the head area but my dad busted my ass when i needed it & it did make me a better person it taught me about consequences for my actions !!

I personally think the corporal punishment thing has nothing to do with lower education, i think it is a direct correlation with consequences for a persons actions & that the punishment should fit the crime . IMHO Charles Manson should have been put to death AS LONG AS they had indisputable proof that he was the master mind in the crimes he had those people commit, he was of the same mind as Hitler those types don't deserve to be coddled in a prison for the rest of their life and those that follow the law having to foot the bill .

I feel that if a lot of these people that commit these heinous just absolutely despicable crimes like Manson or serial killers like a Jeffery Dahmer shouldn't be allowed to enjoy life after what they have put other innocent people through & have others pay for them to have a better life than say someone much less fortunate !

Lets give the money that they spend on keeping those scum bags alive and give a room to a homeless veteran that fought for our country & pay for their health insurance I would much rather do that then keeping them all nice a cozy . Or put that money towards some one that is less fortunate that needs help due to a lessor mental capacity to have a warm bed, or help the disabled that were born with debilitating diseases instead of those that can't see what they did as wrong .

But hey i guess i'm just a hard ass & according to you look at things much different than most but i'll take that criticism  all day long and will have NO trouble sleeping at night & will et my god be my judge when my time comes !! 

geez, there's a lot to sort out here.  Being physically disciplined in grammar and high school for minor offenses like laughing during mass or smoking cigarettes in the boys room are hardly the equivalent of mass murder.  Corporal punishment was the norm when I was a kid.  Very few kids I knew weren't subject to it.  Did it help us?  Hard to tell.  It made some kids tougher and some kids extremely anxious and timid.  Probably made me tougher but so did a week in the woods roughing it as a boy scout.  Or coaching kids in little league that were only a couple years younger.  Positive reinforcement works better than negative in my experience:  Being challenged to succeed rather than punished for failing....So maybe the answer is we need more opportunities to succeed for young people.  Not that things should be given but that they need an opportunity and path to earn them.  Some will still fail and end up MAGA's.  Many will succeed.

12 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

geez, there's a lot to sort out here.  Being physically disciplined in grammar and high school for minor offenses like laughing during mass or smoking cigarettes in the boys room are hardly the equivalent of mass murder.  Corporal punishment was the norm when I was a kid.  Very few kids I knew weren't subject to it.  Did it help us?  Hard to tell.  It made some kids tougher and some kids extremely anxious and timid.  Probably made me tougher but so did a week in the woods roughing it as a boy scout.  Or coaching kids in little league that were only a couple years younger.  Positive reinforcement works better than negative in my experience:  Being challenged to succeed rather than punished for failing....So maybe the answer is we need more opportunities to succeed for young people.  Not that things should be given but that they need an opportunity and path to earn them.  Some will still fail and end up MAGA's.  Many will succeed.

True but if there is a rule that says no smoking & the fact that you were a child under the legal age of recognition & not only shouldn't be smoking but had to either steal the money to get cigarettes or steal the cigarettes from someone old enough to buy them (or bribe them to get you some with the money you had stolen or earned) or actually adult enough to make that decision, so not only did you break the rule of not smoking period or not smoking on school property but you also committed some other infractions in order to smoke . Did it got that T shirt !

Corporal punishment maybe not but ass whooping if all that was committed definitely ! Sorry and i'll bet that if you got said ass whooping for doing that the next time you thought about smoking weather it be on or off school property (unless of course you were really stupid like me) you would think twice about doing it which is the positive of discipline .

There are different ways of discipline too . I stole ice cream from a store once as a younger teenager 15 to be exact my dad didn't spank me but made me go back to the store clerk in front of other customers and tell them that i was a GD thief, to this day i will not steal anything humiliation is a hell of a teacher .

So where do you use positive reinforcement in that situation ? Do you say it's okay that you stole that but you really shouldn't do it again ? If that's your version of a answer I"M OUT totally wrong approach ! That taught me more than any ass whooping i ever got !!

There shouldn't be "Punishment for failing" Failing it self is punishment enough but as a parent then yes you should put a positive twist on failure to the child & tell them it's okay to lose you just need to work harder as to not be expected to be given anything in life !

Failure should motivate you to work harder & to become better the next time you attempt what ever you fail at that is the only way you get better is to learn from it , it's not how many times you fall down but how many times you get back up & yes when you fall there should be positive reinforcement from your parents .

But if you get pissed because the dog chewed your favorite toy & the kid grabs a knife from the drawer to stab the dog because they are pissed there isn't any positive spin in that at all, so the discipline deserves to be more so than a lessor wrong doing & we as adults should be able to differentiate between the 2 .

And your MAGA theory as far as failing that is total BS ! Sorry but your hate is very apparent and derived for only 1 person ! But i bet Hillary is a saint in your eyes ???

I personally don't care what party (I'm a registered independent) the person is from, matter of fact if Joe Minchin was running for POTUS i would probably vote for him, or at the very least I would have to research him to learn more about his thoughts but he seems to be one that uses common sense which a lot of politicians don't today .