THE ROCKPILE REVIEW – And Down Go the Dolphins –

Shaw66

I haven't spent a lot of time on this board, so I haven't seen a Rockpile review in a while. Nice writeup and thanks.

I also don't mind Collinsworth as much as some. I guess maybe it's because I know he played the game - and played it well - so I just like to hear what he says about the game. But I'm also reminded of a poll done years ago (probably more years than I want to think about). The overwhelming favorite announcer at the time was John Madden with about 45% of the vote. But when it came to least favorite, he was also the overwhelming leader with about 45% of the vote.

Anyway, yeah despite the early miscues, you could definitely see the refuse to lose mentality kick in. As mentioned by someone earlier, the run by Josh on 3rd and 13 was absolutely huge. Gritty and determined. Another first down with just over 3 minutes left and Miami had to start using timeouts. 

Also as someone mentioned earlier, I too immediately thought of Ronnie Harmon when watching the Cook pass bounce off his hands. Shudders.

Thanks again. Go Bills.

He’s just so good,running and passing, that he demoralizes the other team. 

This sentence about Josh Allen says it all, and because we as fans see what he does every week and become accustomed to it, I think it can go unrecognized.

Absolutely no one looks forward to tackling a trucking Allen when he’s got a head of steam.  And the best coverage guys in the league just have to shake their heads in despair when a JA laser gets delivered into the tightest window in a blink of an eye.

For God’s sake, Fangio installed a prevent defense in the Red Zone to try and stop him.  JA gets into players and coaches heads.  He’s a gridiron demon.  Perhaps Rich Eisen said it best:  “Josh Allen is coming for your souls.”

GO BILLS

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Professor Worthington said:

This sentence about Josh Allen says it all, and because we as fans see what he does every week and become accustomed to it, I think it can go unrecognized.

Absolutely no one looks forward to tackling a trucking Allen when he’s got a head of steam.  And the best coverage guys in the league just have to shake their heads in despair when a JA laser gets delivered into the tightest window in a blink of an eye.

For God’s sake, Fangio installed a prevent defense in the Red Zone to try and stop him.  JA gets into players and coaches heads.  He’s a gridiron demon.  Perhaps Rich Eisen said it best:  “Josh Allen is coming for your souls.”

GO BILLS

Since Rich Eisen works for PeaC0ck he knows about soul sucking monstrosities even though his wallet will not admit it,

9 hours ago, Professor Worthington said:

For God’s sake, Fangio installed a prevent defense in the Red Zone to try and stop him. 

Bills were great on that play at the end of half.  Diggs or Josh or both recognized that the Dolphins were giving them the first down, so they took and got out of bounds. Real smart football.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.