All announcers: NFL Week 18 2023 (1/7/24) (BUF-MIA: Tirico/Collinsworth) (maps Wed/Thur)

chongli

The maps this week will most certainly be late. Last year the FOX maps came out on the Wednesday, but late, at about 4 PM ET (and even then, they were not all pushed out). They usually come out around 9:30-10:30 AM. And the CBS maps came out Thursday, around 9 AM. So you can expect more of the same this week.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the fourth time this year we have had the NBC crew of Mike Tirico, Chris Collinsworth, and Melissa Start. Previous we had them at home Week 6 vs. the New York Giants, on the road Week 9 at Cincinnati, and on the road Week 16 at the Los Angeles Chargers. We are 2-1 this year with them announcing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Note 1: Both networks have doubleheaders this week

[Note 2: There is *no* more ManningCast until Super Wild Card Weekend.]

[Note 3: There is no Amazon Prime Video TNF or ESPN MNF game this week, but there are two ESPN/ABC Saturday games at 4:30 and 8:15 PM ET.]

[Note 4: There are no regular season more byes left this year.]

NFL Week 18, 2023 - January 7, 2024

NATIONAL BROADCASTS:

Saturday Game I - ABC/ESPN

Saturday, January 6 - 4:30 PM ET:

Pittsburgh at Baltimore

(B) Chris Fowler, Louis Riddick, Dan Orlovsky, Laura Rutledge

Saturday Game II - ABC/ESPN

Saturday, January 6 - 8:15 PM ET:

Houston at Indianapolis

(A) Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Lisa Salters

SNF (Game 272) - NBC

Sunday, January 7 - 8:20 PM ET:

Buffalo at Miami

Mike Tirico, Chris Collinsworth, Melissa Stark

CBS Early

Sunday, January 7 - 1 PM ET:

Jacksonville at Tennessee

(C) Kevin Harlan, Trent Green, Melanie Collins

Atlanta at New Orleans

(D) Andrew Catalon, Tiki Barber, Matt Ryan, AJ Ross

Cleveland at Cincinnati

(F) Tom McCarthy, James Lofton, Jay Feely, Tiffany Blackmon

CBS Late

Sunday, January 7 - 4:25 PM ET:

Chicago at Green Bay

(A) Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, Tracy Wolfson

Philadelphia at New York Giants

(B) Ian Eagle, Charles Davis, Evan Washburn

Kansas City at Los Angeles Chargers

(E) Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta Aditi Kinkhabwala

FOX Early

Sunday, January 7 - 1 PM ET:

Minnesota at Detroit

(B) Joe Davis, Darly Johnston, Pam Oliver

Tampa Bay at Carolina

Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma, Shannon Spake

New York Jets at New England

(F) Chris Myers, Robert Smith, Jen Hale

FOX Late

Sunday, January 7 - 4:25 PM ET:

Dallas at Washington

(A) Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen, Erin Andrews, Tom Rinaldi

Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco

(C) Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth, Kristina Pink

Seattle at Arizona

Kevin Kugler, Mark Sanchez, Laura Okmin

Denver at Las Vegas

Jason Benetti, Matt Millen, Megan Olivi

Byes:

None

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• chongli changed the title to ABC/1 FOX/announcers: NFL Week 18 2023 (1/7/24) (BUF-MIA: Tirico/Collinsworth) (maps late Wed/Thurs)
Posted (edited)

UPDATE:

Saturday Game I - ABC/ESPN

Saturday, January 6 - 4:30 PM ET:

Pittsburgh at Baltimore

(B) Chris Fowler, Louis Riddick, Dan Orlovsky, Laura Rutledge

Saturday Game II - ABC/ESPN

Saturday, January 6 - 8:15 PM ET:

Houston at Indianapolis

(A) Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Lisa Salters

See press release linked in tweet below:

Edited by chongli

• chongli changed the title to ABC/1 FOX/1 CBS announcers: NFL Week 18 2023 (1/7/24) (BUF-MIA: Tirico/Collinsworth) (maps Wed/Thur)

UPDATE 2:

CBS Early:

Jacksonville at Tennessee

(C) Kevin Harlan, Trent Green, Melanie Collins

[per CBS Sports internal sources - to be announced shortly]

Confirmed from CBS internal sources:

CBS Late:

A-team of Nantz and Romo and B-team of Eagle and Davis have NOT been assigned yet. One of them will be at the Meadowlands for PHI-NYG and the other will be on CHI-GB.

15 minutes ago, Ryan Simpsons said:

if it was me @chongli, my announcer pairings would be:

CBS: 

Jaguars vs Titans - Catalon/Ryan/Barber/Ross

Browns vs. Bengals - Nantz/Romo/Wolfson

Falcons vs. Saints - Dedes/Archuleta/Kinkhabwala

Eagles vs. Giants - Eagle/Davis/Washburn

Bears vs Packers - McCarthy/Lofton/Feely/Blackmon

Chiefs vs Chargers - Harlan/Green/Collins

I feel the Browns vs Bengals is a big game for CBS as both teams are pretty good. The Chiefs vs Chargers matchup is okay but since the Chargers stink and the Chiefs a little off, I don't think they will/are worthy of the A-team. The NFC teams on CBS are always a little harder to see which crew would go where, but I feel out of all of them Falcons vs Saints is the most interesting with the NFC South sort of in the air. That would draw the highest team of the NFC team games. Eagles vs. Giants is going to be meh but they have good markets and Bears vs Packers is iffy. 

FOX: There are 7 games games with 6 every-week teams so the alternate team I think would be Faust/Quinn

Vikings vs Lions - Albert/Vilma/Spake

Buccaneers vs Panthers - Faust/Quinn

Jets vs Patriots - Myers/Smith/Hale

Cowboys vs Commanders - Davis/Johnston/Oliver

Rams vs 49ers - Burkhardt/Olsen/Andrews/Rinaldi

Seahawks vs Cardinals - Kugler/Sanchez/Okmin

Broncos vs Raiders - Amin/Schlereth/Pink

I feel Bucs vs Panthers is the worst game so I think they get the alternate broadcast team. Cowboys vs Commanders is okay but Dallas is a big market so I think they get #2 team. Rams vs 49ers I think is the big game for FOX so I think they get the best crew. Seahawks vs Cardinals are a mid game so they get the mid-pack team and Broncos vs Raiders is decent so they get an okay team. 

Any opinions on this?? Let's see how many/any I get right when they come out!

For CBS, GB-CHI is huge since it is win and in for GB and there us a big following for both teams. They are worthy of a top broadcast team.  

PHL-NYG is also big. Huge markets and Philly is fighting for the division title with Dallas. Also worthy of a top broadcast team.

JAX-TN also is big, but less so given the market size, but JAX is fighting for the division. They were assigned the C-team of Harlan and Green.

CLE-CIN is meaningless. CLE is locked in at 5. CIN is out. 

I will comment on the rest of your post when I get home (at the gym now).

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Ryan Simpsons said:

CBS: 

I feel the Browns vs Bengals is a big game for CBS as both teams are pretty good. The Chiefs vs Chargers matchup is okay but since the Chargers stink and the Chiefs a little off, I don't think they will/are worthy of the A-team. The NFC teams on CBS are always a little harder to see which crew would go where, but I feel out of all of them Falcons vs Saints is the most interesting with the NFC South sort of in the air. That would draw the highest team of the NFC team games. Eagles vs. Giants is going to be meh but they have good markets and Bears vs Packers is iffy. 

FOX: There are 7 games games with 6 every-week teams so the alternate team I think would be Faust/Quinn

I feel Bucs vs Panthers is the worst game so I think they get the alternate broadcast team. Cowboys vs Commanders is okay but Dallas is a big market so I think they get #2 team. Rams vs 49ers I think is the big game for FOX so I think they get the best crew. Seahawks vs Cardinals are a mid game so they get the mid-pack team and Broncos vs Raiders is decent so they get an okay team. 

Any opinions on this?? Let's see how many/any I get right when they come out!

Would Bucs at Panethers get the alternate team considering there is something riding on the game, whereas there isn't anything on Broncos at Raiders?

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ryan Simpsons said:

CBS: 

For your FOX predictions:

DEN-LV gets the number 7 team (probably Faust/Quinn) since neither team is in the playoffs. FOX, more so than CBS, goes by the big games getting the best teams.

DAL-WASH merits one of the top teams given the playoff implications for Dallas (division title)

TB-CAR also merits one of the top teams given TB can win the division here (win and in)

SEA-AZ gets a middle of the pack broadcast team. AZ is out, and SEA can make the playoffs with a win and GB loss, but they are only playing for the 7th seed.

MIN-DET and LAR-SF - both merit a good team but not the top given MIN will have a hard time making the playoffs (they need Win at Lions AND Packers loss to Bears AND Seahawks loss to Cardinals AND Saints loss to Falcons) and Detroit is pretty much locked into the 3 seed. LAR is either the 6th or 7th seed and SF is the one seed. 

For your CBS predictions, besides what I mentioned in my previous post, ATL-NO deserves a better team than Dedes et al, as the both playing for the NFC South title (with a TB loss), as well as NO playing for a WC too if they don't get the title (with Win at Falcons AND Packers loss to Bears AND Seahawks loss to Cardinals).

KC-LAC get a lower team given that KC is locked into the 3 seeds and LAC is out.

2 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Would Bucs at Panethers get the alternate team considering there is something riding on the game, whereas there isn't anything on Broncos at Raiders?

TB-CAR should get one of the top team given the playoff implication mentioned in my previous post and will be more distributed, whereas DEN-LV is of no interests to anyone except in those markets. They will get the number 7 ("alternate") team as I mentioned.

Edited by chongli

3 hours ago, Ryan Simpsons said:

Very much possible since Kugler's team tends to do west coast games when possible. So SEA-AZ or LAR-SF.

• chongli changed the title to ABC/CBS/1 FOX announcers: NFL Week 18 2023 (1/7/24) (BUF-MIA: Tirico/Collinsworth) (maps Wed/Thur)
  • chongli changed the title to All announcers: NFL Week 18 2023 (1/7/24) (BUF-MIA: Tirico/Collinsworth) (maps Wed/Thur)
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ryan Simpsons said:

nice to see some good matchups! hopefully my area will get a halfway decent game so I won't be bored out of my mind until 8:20 at night

If you are in Buffalo, you get:

CBS:

JAX-TN early

PHL-NYG late

FOX:

NYJ-NE early

DAL-WAS late

per zap2it

Edited by chongli

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.