Bills at Chargers 1981

Buffalo03

Continuing on with old games against upcoming opponents where we are playing them the coming week. I am going with Bills at Chargers from 1981. I'm not gonna lie, there isn't a whole lot I know about this game but this is the last time we have beaten the Chargers on the road. I was born in 1986 so this game was before my time. It has been a house of horrors for us to play them on the road ever since this game whether in San Diego or LA. We have lost 6 straight times and 4 of those losses have been by 27 points or more. The most recent one being the Nathan Peterman disaster. This should be one that the old timers should enjoy as I am sure they can shed a little more light as to what was at steak during this game and some details from it. The graphics look like a tecmo bowl game lol. Hopefully we break a 42 year drought of not beating the Chargers on the road tonight. The playoffs are on the line and these next few games are gonna be tense but one game at a time. Merry Christmas to all of you and let's hope Santa brings us an early Christmas win to enjoy the rest of the weekend. And a late Christmas present of making the playoffs in a few weeks. As always....Go Bills

Edited by Buffalo03

I was at the Peterman game. Horrible 

Most memorable of course would be Ferguson's ankle in 1980 playoff game(played Jan 1981). If he isn't hurt Bills probably win the 1980 SuperBowl. Bills had a championship level defense and Joe Cribbs. Ferguson was never really any good but he had a late career renaissance in 1980 with the new weapons.  He had a career high completion percentage of 57% and 20 TD against 18 INT. He was good enough in 1980 to win but playing on one leg not good enough in the playoffs. He threw 3 INT in playoff game while Fouts threw for 300 yards and the go ahead TD. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.