Another player with Rosenhaus as his agent?

FOXBORO, Mass. (AP) -- New England Patriots defensive lineman Richard Seymour was missing Thursday at the start of the Super Bowl champions' mandatory minicamp.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick said only that Seymour's absence was unexcused but he would not comment on whether it is the contract holdout the All-Pro defender had hinted at this offseason. Seymour's agent, Roosevelt Barnes, did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

Seymour signed a six-year deal as a rookie that was to pay him $14.3 million. It still has two years left.

But... But.... But....

Team Loyalty and Hometown discount?......... :)

The pats have some issues. There was the Rodeny Harrison being unhappy about his contract issue now seymour potentially holding out and

Patriots | Vrabel's Contract Skyrockets Next Year - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 7 Jun 2005 19:00:56 -0700

Updating an earlier report, according to Patriots.com, New England Patriots LB Mike Vrabel will see his salary cap figure jump from $4.3 million this year to $11.5 million in 2006. Vrabel will likely have to restructure the deal to remain a Patriot.

Patriots | McGinest's Contract Skyrockets Next Year - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 7 Jun 2005 18:59:02 -0700

Patriots.com reports New England Patriots LB Willie McGinest will see his salary cap figure jump from $3.8 million this year to $8.3 million in 2006. McGinest will likely have to restructure the deal to remain a Patriot.

11.5 million dollars for Mike Vrabel?  That cant be right...the Patriots must really believe they can get him to restructure.

He probably will. His career was made by Belichick and he's made a ton more money than he would have elsewhere. That's a recurring theme with many Patriots players, i.e. being made by the coaching staff. Seymour however is a very talented player who obviously saw what Brady got and wants a piece.

:(

the Pats are very deep at DL...if Seymour wants to be obstinate, I'm sure he'll fetch a handsome price (1st and a 3rd?) the reports of the Pats' demise are premature....

Seymour probably won't fetch much. Teams aren't all that into trading away high picks for good players with high salary demands. Just look at Edge, Alexander, Corey Simon, etc. And the Pats will still be a good team, just not a championship team anymore. Hey it happens. Just as 49'ers, Cowboys, and Broncos fans.

Seymour probably won't fetch much.  Teams aren't all that into trading away high picks for good players with high salary demands.  Just look at Edge, Alexander, Corey Simon, etc.  And the Pats will still be a good team, just not a championship team anymore.  Hey it happens.  Just as 49'ers, Cowboys, and Broncos fans.

355126[/snapback]

The Pats were able to beat Indy & Pittsburgh in the playoffs last year without Seymour. The Steelers played their starters the entire game, unlike in Week 17 when their backups beat the Bills.

If Seymour sits out, the Pats will still win in a rout!

The Pats were able to beat Indy & Pittsburgh in the playoffs last year without Seymour.  The Steelers played their starters the entire game, unlike in Week 17 when their backups beat the Bills.

If Seymour sits out, the Pats will still win in a rout!

It's less about an individual player than lost playerS and coaches. It's over. Enjoy the past 4 years.

;)

the Pats are very deep at DL...if Seymour wants to be obstinate, I'm sure he'll fetch a handsome price (1st and a 3rd?) the reports of the Pats' demise are premature....

355101[/snapback]

A 1st and 3rd?? :( If a top 5 RB like Alexander can only get a 3rd, and Doug Jolley only gets a low #1....I doubt that any team gives up a 1st and a 3rd for Seymour. Great player, but a 1st and 3rd in this day and age in the NFL is insane.

Until the Patriots start losing games, they are still the top dog. All of this "Patriots are doomed" talk is the same stuff I've been hearing over the last 3 years.

Lets knock them down off their perch before we bury them boys and girls.

But I will say this...when the Patriots crash back to Earth, it will be sweet.

It's May, fer crissakes - it's a tempest in a teacup. When the bell rings in September, none of this will be relevant. Seymour will be manning the D-line for New England, and for that matter T.O. will probably be back with the Eagles. too.

IMO Seymour plays out his contract, then leaves as a UFA after '06. And he probably gets another ring or two. :(

A 1st and a 3rd???   :( That will have me laughing all weekend.

Brady, I would give up a #1 and 3.  He may be the only player in the NFL I would do that for.

355177[/snapback]

Kind of like the #1 that the Bills would get for Travis Henry I kept reading on here last season?

;)

I'd love to play poker with someone who overplays their hand like Donahoe.